Southborough, MA (PRWEB) December 6, 2005
Nara Luxury Medical Spa announced today it is teaming up with its neighbor Boiani’s Italian Market to provide tips for staying healthy through the holidays. While many people wait until after the Christmas and New Year’s holidays to get back into shape, Nara and Boiani’s are showing consumers how they can maintain their health without forfeiting the great food and good cheer that comes with the season.
The following are a few simple ways holiday revelers can keep themselves in good shape while enjoying the spoils of the festivities, according to these two leading Central Massachusetts businesses:
- Reduce stress with massages and reflexology – For a time that is supposed to be about merriment, holiday planning and traveling can be stressful. Relaxation can be had with luxury and style with a 60 or 90-minute massage.
- Spread your calories around rather than reducing them – Many people think they have to deny themselves the pleasures of great food to keep from gaining too much weight. This is not necessarily so. By eating 5-6 smaller meals rather than 2-3 big ones, the body will make more efficient use of the nutrients.
- Moisturize your skin and drink lots of fluids – Between the cold outside, the dry air caused by indoor heating, and consumption of wine and eggnog, the body can dehydrate easily. Don’t forget to use moisturizers and protect your lips and hands. And with enough water, it is not necessary to cut back a glass or two…
- …Because a glass or two of red wine per day can promote several aspects of good health – Red wine contains flavanoids, which help prevent disease and promote smoother skin.
- Choose your good food wisely – When enjoying the delights of holiday parties, keep in mind that hard cheeses are much healthier than soft ones, dark chocolate is easier on cholesterol levels than milk chocolate, walnuts are high in Omega 3 and Brazil nuts are thought to reduce risk of prostate cancer.
“People believe erroneously that they have to choose between staying healthy and enjoying themselves during the holidays,” said Tom Boiani, owner of Boiani’s Italian Market. “Many individuals would be surprised how much they can indulge themselves without having to spend the rest of winter and spring reversing the effects of two weeks of holiday celebration.”
“Great overall health is the number one priority for our clients,” said Dr. Joy Thompson, DBA, managing director of Nara Luxury Medical Spa. “We make sure every beauty product and service is designed to contribute to better-looking skin and a greater sense of well-being.”
About Nara Luxury Medical Spa
Nara Luxury Medical Spa provides top-quality skin care and minimally invasive cosmetic procedures in a relaxing, luxurious setting designed to promote the patient’s holistic well-being – feeling good as much as looking good. Nara’s highly trained, experienced staff of certified medical professionals and skin consultants give each patient a personalized consultation and recommend, accordingly, the most appropriate combination of minimally-invasive cosmetic procedures and prescription-grade cosmetic treatments for their skin. Nara MedSpa rounds out its offerings with alternative healing therapies for full-body relaxation and tension relief.
For more information, including hours and a full description of services offered, visit http://www.mymedspa.com, or call (508) 480-8883.
# # #