Washington, D.C. (PRWEB) December 9, 2005
MILDRED’S STORY; The explosive truth from the real target of the D.C. Sniper is a stunning glimpse inside the mind of the mastermind behind the 2002 D.C. Sniper killings, John Allen Muhammad. That John Muhammad was behind these killings is well known what is not known is that his ex-wife Mildred was in fact his target.
This is the debut title for Triumphant Publishing, Inc. and will be published in May of 2006 to coincide with the Maryland state trial of John Allen Muhammad.
There was nothing random about John Allen Muhammad’s 23 days of terror as the D.C. Sniper. It was all part of John’s elaborate plot to kill his real target – his ex-wife – Mildred Muhammad and flee with their three children. Had he succeeded, she would now be another random victim in his homicidal scheme and the true reason for those 23 days of terror could never have been told.
“You are my enemy and as my enemy I will kill you.” That’s what John told Mildred when she took legal action to keep him out of their house two years before the sniper’s murderous rampage. He had bragged to her that he could bring a city to its knees through terrorism. But Mildred never fathomed his promise would someday become a reality. This little known fact surrounding the D.C. Sniper killings is just one of the many stunning revelations in the new book: Mildred’s Story; The Explosive Truth from the Real Target of the D.C. Sniper (Triumphant Publishing, May 2006). This memoir, which is comprised of Mildred’s personal journal entries beginning with the early years of their marriage, chronicles her life with one of America’s most cold-blooded killers in what can now be called one of the most horrific cases of spousal abuse in U.S. history.
Mother of three, Mildred Muhammad has given voice to a side of the sniper case that’s never been told. “It was time,” says Mildred, “time for this story to be told. My days of terror will never be over, but my mission in life is to help women avoid the kind of hellish abuse John put me and our children through. If I can accomplish that, it would be all I could ask for.”
John’s first words after his arrest were: “It’s Mildred’s fault,” in an attempt to blame his murderous rampage on his wife for her refusal to reconcile with him, and her successful battle to recover their three children after he had kidnapped them. Mildred’s Story reveals in intimate detail the years of horrific psychological abuse she endured at the hands of this killer and how she has prevailed to make a new life for her and her children.
Further the book includes:
- Intimate insight through Mildred’s journals: what it was like to be married to John Allen Muhammad.
- An explosive and exclusive look inside the mind of John Allen Muhammad as seen by his wife of 12 years and what his plans were for his children once he’d killed his ex-wife.
- How John controlled her and the children by tapping their phone and limiting the food he supplied for them.
- How she fought to find her children after John kidnapped and then held them for 18 months and how she rebuilt her family after John brainwashed their children.
- Did she suspect John was the sniper? New accounts reveal a “gut feeling” she couldn’t shake that later proved true.
- Why, despite John’s incarceration, her days of terror will never be over.
- How she has rebuilt her family despite the horrific legacy they will never be able to escape.
- Her new mission to give abused women a voice and to push the legal system to support women in abusive situations.
- What her children thought of Lee Boyd Malvo, John’s accomplice and their companion during much of the time John kept them from Mildred.
A nationwide book launch is planned to coincide with the Maryland state trial of John Allen Muhammad, which will begin in May of 2006. Requests for author interviews and advanced review copies should be addressed to Triumphant Publishing’s media liaison below.
Mildred’s Story; The Explosive Truth from the Real Target of the D.C. Sniper
Book availability: May 2006
Audio book availability: April 2006
Advance press queries and book requests should be sent to:
Penny C. Sansevieri, CEO - Author Marketing Experts, Inc.
firstname.lastname@example.org - (619) 808-2665
# # #