Trade show and event marketing are continually evolving
St. Paul, MN (PRWEB) December 8, 2005
To help exhibitors better understand the market forces and significant trends affecting their trade show program, Skyline and Tradeshow Week magazine have published four White Papers on trends impacting the following key industries:
- Manufacturing & Industrial
- Medical & Healthcare
- Information Technology
- Professional & Business Services
“Trade show and event marketing are continually evolving,” said Marc Phibbs, Skyline Exhibits Vice President of Marketing. “Our goal is help exhibitors anticipate and effectively adapt to the new challenges they face.”
These 16-page White Papers provide insight for each industry on the primary challenges facing these exhibitors, and the key themes for success in their changing trade show environment.
“Tradeshow Week’s research team conducted nearly 12-months of proprietary research to help develop the four white papers, said Michael Hughes, Tradeshow Week’s Associate Publisher & Director of Research Services. “Skyline and Tradeshow Week both see the increasing need for more event marketing and exhibit-focused research and analysis.”
The individual White Papers reveal specific market findings, such as:
Manufacturing & Industrial:
- Manufacturing exhibitor’s average exhibiting budget is $380,000 per year
- Attendees at Manufacturing shows are arriving better informed and more qualified
- Slower rebound in this sector is causing exhibitors to be more cautious about spending and ROI
- Manufacturing companies and the branding they put on their exhibits are going more high-end, to better compete with low-end Chinese manufacturers.
Medical & Healthcare:
- Healthcare exhibitor’s average exhibiting budget is $685,000 per year, the highest of any sector
- Strong new product development translates into strong exhibit marketing demand
- In 2005, heathcare exhibitors plan on adding 9.4% more events to their schedule
- The aging population has fueled greater demand for medical and healthcare products and services
- Medical exhibitors embrace technology, using the internet and flat panel display screens
- IT exhibitor’s average exhibiting budget is $429,000 per year
- IT exhibitors budgets are now growing faster than the average exhibitor, several years after the dot-com crash
- IT exhibitors must manage rapid changes, including new products, technologies, shows, brands, mergers and acquisitions, and outsourcing
- IT exhibitors are shifting away from theatrical, product-centric exhibits to informative, people-centric exhibits to better build relationships
Professional & Business Services:
- Service exhibitor’s average exhibiting budget is $460,000 per year
- Leads generated at trade shows account for about one-fifth of a professional and business services firm’s sales
- Service companies can communicate their intangible value through case studies, graphics, themes, high-quality exhibit staffers, and hosting workshops in their booth
- 60% of professional and business services exhibitors say they follow up on leads within a week or less
To request any of the 4 White Papers, please go to http://www.skyline.com/whitepapers.
About Skyline Exhibits
Skyline’s mission is to provide global marketing communications solutions, through the design and distribution of imaginative products and services, for its customers’ success. Skyline’s 25-year history of creativity, innovation, and performance includes over 60 patents and winning all the major exhibit industry awards, including Best of Show at The Exhibitor Show and TS2. Skyline offers trade show and event marketers reliable worldwide service and support in 144 design centers in 45 countries, including full-service Regional Service Centers in major venue cities. Over 100,000 exhibitors have learned how to exhibit better at Skyline’s ongoing educational seminars.
To learn more about Skyline, visit http://www.skyline.com.
About Tradeshow Week
For over 34 years Tradeshow Week's mission has been to provide influential leaders and decision-makers in the global exhibition and convention center industry with timely news, analysis and research. We seek to engage opinion leaders and active members involved in all aspects of the exhibition industry through our original stories and landmark research. Authoritative and research-driven, Tradeshow Week's diverse portfolio of resources include our industry leading weekly newsmagazine, four annual directories, website, events and research services. Tradeshow Week is published by Reed Business Information. To learn more about Tradeshow Week, visit http://www.tradeshowweek.com.
News Media Contact:
Mike Thimmesch, Skyline Exhibits
Tel: (651) 234-6614
# # #