San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) December 8, 2005
Add a unique new Spirit to your pre-New Years Eve celebrations by attending or creating a World Spirituality Day event. It’s approaching that time of year again, where we make plans to ring in the New Year. For many this means making New Year’s resolutions to lose weight, go to church more regularly, stop smoking, exercise more, spend more time with family, and the list goes on. Now there is something truly new to add to the resolution making formula: World Spirituality Day. This 3rd Annual World Spirituality Day offers you a unique opportunity to create a more personal, spiritual and reflective New Year’s celebration and transition.
Think of World Spirituality Day as The Earth Day for the Spirit. Just as Earth Day is celebrated worldwide in an infinite number of ways since its inception in 1970, World Spirituality Day also promises to expand into a boundless kaleidoscope of worldwide gatherings and events, big and small, year after year. There really is something in World Spirituality Day for everyone, regardless of your race, religion, gender, age or culture.
World Spirituality Day was originally the idea of the interfaith non-profit organization, Integrative Spirituality (http://www.integrativespirituality.org), but now this event belongs to everyone in the global spiritual commons no matter what their faith. This event occurs on the day or eve of December 31 each year and can be observed anywhere and with anyone: one’s self, friends and family, or with a group in a larger event setting.
The simple purpose of World Spirituality Day is to supercharge your New Year’s transition, celebrations and resolutions with the deepest power of your own spirituality. December 31st is considered by many to be a day, not only of transition from one year to the next, but also between the old and the new. What a great time then, to reflect on how your most important and profound past spiritual experiences can influence and support your future in a positive, renewing and uplifting way.
Possible Ways to Celebrate and Create Your Own World Spirituality Day Event
The nondenominational World Spirituality Day is simple to participate in and can be celebrated either alone or in a group, wherever you are. The possibilities are endless as to how you can observe the day. Here are some possible scenarios:
- Set up a gathering with friends and share your profound, transformational spiritual experiences and listen to theirs. Invite your family, friends, congregation, yoga group, book club, or anyone to a specified place at a specific time. Describe ahead of time the nature of the gathering and ask them to prepare by reflecting on their most memorable spiritual experience. Set the intention to remember as much as possible about these unique life changing spiritual experiences.
- Any location or time during World Spirituality Day will work but if possible, it is better to pick a location and time of the day that is highly meaningful to you and/or your group.
- Before you start, spend a few moments getting into a relaxed, meditative or worshipful state.
- Remember in as much sensory detail as possible your single most profound and transformational personal spiritual experience. If you like, and you have more than one, go to your next most profound and transformational spiritual experience and so on until you naturally want to take a break. Many people soon begin to feel an amazing sense of overflowing wellbeing, strength and peace that for some, longs to be shared. And if you think you’re one of those people who loves to share,
- Create resolutions for the New Year, either in private or in public, which may or may not have a connection to this reflection on your transformational spiritual experiences.
- Dance and sing following the reflections and resolution making if that feels authentic and right for you.
- If so desired, celebrate and/or carry on with the rest of your New Year’s party plans inspired by the effects of your personal World Spirituality Day event.
- Video tape the event for future viewing and reminding of the day’s intentions throughout the year to come.
There are many creative variations you could add to further enhance your World Spirituality Day experience. It is recommended that you add whatever you like and experiment. You can also share your day’s experiences online by clicking here and visiting the discussion forum. Here you can share your most profound and transformational personal experiences with the online world in multiple languages, share about the ways in which you celebrated the day, post photos from your gathering and contribute to a discussion board. Just follow the instructions on the site.
To join in the World Spirituality Day Network of worldwide events visit http://www.worldspiritualityday.net.
For additional information or a sample copy, Contact:
# # #