NEW YORK, (PRWEB) December 9, 2005
Jack Kliger, CEO Hachette Filipacchi and recently elected chairman of the Magazine Publishers of America (MPA), addressed media and publishing executives at the “Breakfast with a Leader” series on December 7, 2005, sponsored by AdMedia Partners, http://www.AdMediaPartners.com. Kilger discussed three pressing issues that are at the forefront of the magazine industry.
Credibility with Readers and Advertisers
When it comes to ensuring credibility with readers and advertisers, magazine executives are in a unique position. As other media industries are challenged by consumers’ increased ability to ignore advertising, study after study has proven that magazine readers welcome advertisements and value them as part of their reading. Publishers were also challenged to accurately track circulation.
Metrics of Magazine Measurement
Magazines have long been measured by their paid-circulation base. However, the industry needs a faster, better system that recognizes the connection between distribution, paid and non-paid, and readership.
Leveraging the Value of Magazine Content in the Digital Age
The digital age has presented the media industry with the opportunity to transform and recharge the industry, from brand extension to new platforms. Embracing technology and working with it will allow the industry to operate more efficiently and develop new and better products.
For a full transcript of the speech, please contact AdMedia Partners, or visit the MPA Website.
AdMedia Partners sponsors the ‘Breakfast with a Leader’ series. Past speakers have included Steve Forbes, of Forbes Magazine, Norman Pearlstine, of Time Inc., and Stephen Lacy of Meredith Corporation. The next breakfast will be on January 19, 2006 where Susan Lyne, President and CEO of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc., will be the keynote speaker. Ms. Lyne has had an extensive career in the media industry having worked with such firms as ABC Entertainment, where she was President, and Walt Disney Pictures and Television Inc. Ms. Lyne has also launched a major national magazine.
For information on the breakfast with Ms. Lyne please contact AdMedia Partners, or visit the MPA Website. Please note this breakfast is available to MPA and ASME members only.
About AdMedia Partners
AdMedia Partners (http://www.AdMediaPartners.com) is a leading boutique investment bank that provides middle market mergers and acquisitions advisory services to advertising and marketing services, media and publishing, and related internet businesses. Founded in 1990 and located in New York City, the firm has completed over 100 transactions since 1999.
Selected transactions completed by AdMedia Partners in the last six months include:
- Representing Dittus Communications, a Washington, DC based public affairs firm with legislative and regulatory expertise, in its acquisition by Financial Dynamics.
- Representing Linda Ligon, owner of Natural Home & Garden magazine, in the sale of the magazine to Ogden Publications.
- Representing Federalist Group, a Washington, DC based government relations firm, in its acquisition by Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide, a unit of WPP Group.
- Representing Grupo Editorial Expansión, Mexico’s second largest magazine publisher, in its acquisition by Time Inc., a subsidiary of Time Warner.
- Representing Gruner+Jahr USA in its sale of Inc. magazine and Fast Company magazines to Mansueto Ventures LLC.
- Representing Dynamic Logic, the leading independent marketing research company, in its acquisition by Millward Brown, a unit of WPP Group.
- Representing Taylor Rafferty, an independent global investor relations and financial communications advisor, in its sale to Xinhua Finance, China’s premier financial services and media company.
- Representing Interweave Press in its acquisition by Aspire Media, a newly formed magazine entity backed by private equity firms Frontenac Company and Catalyst Investors LP.
If you have any questions regarding this press release, or any other media M&A topics, please contact AdMedia Partners.
444 Madison Ave., 19th Floor
New York, NY 10022
# # #