As the amount of information on the Internet grows, so does the importance of keeping it organized and personally relevant. No site accomplishes this end with the simplicity and power you’ll find in Gritwire.
Evanston, IL (PRWEB) December 13, 2005
Gritwire, an online RSS aggregator and social network, has announced the launch of Version 1.0 at the Syndicate Conference in San Francisco. Gritwire Version 1.0 is unique among RSS aggregators in its easy-to-use "widget" interface architecture. This architecture allows users to view their feeds, friends, wikis, and more, all on one page without ever having to refresh the browser.
"The Syndicate Conference brings together all the best companies developing syndication technologies such as RSS, podcasting and wikis. We saw this gathering as the perfect opportunity to raise the bar for all players," said Ian Carswell, COO and Co-Founder of Gritwire.
Features in the Version 1.0 include:
- Personalized SpeedFeed Reader: RSS Aggregator includes OPML import & built-in feed search.
- Streaming Podcast Player: Listen to podcasts at your computer with the built in podcast player.
- Feed Recommendations: Users new to RSS can receive customized recommendations.
- Recommendations Among Friends: Social network lets users recommend feeds and articles.
- Sharing Quicklinks and SpeedFeeds: Allows users to view the sites and feeds of other users.
- Innovative WebTop Design: The entire site is one page. No browser refreshing.
- Custom Folders: View a collection of feeds all at once by grouping them in personalized folders.
"Gritwire offers more than just RSS aggregation. The Gritwire WebTop acts like its own web-based operating system, one that integrates many new technologies in a familiar windows-styled interface," said Frank Nicholas, CEO and Co-Founder of Gritwire.
RSS and podcasting continue to gain popularity both with consumers and publishers. "As the amount of information on the Internet grows, so does the importance of keeping it organized and personally relevant. No site accomplishes this end with the simplicity and power you’ll find in Gritwire." – Ian Carswell, COO and Co-Founder.
Gritwire (http://www.gritwire.com) is a free web-based RSS aggregator and social network. A BETA site was launched in March of 2005. Gritwire is an associate sponsor of the Syndicate Conference, San Francisco.
About Dizpersion Technologies, Inc.
Dizpersion Technologies, Inc. (http://www.dizpersion.com) explores emerging technologies, prototypes and protects future uses for these technologies, and develops the business models and partnerships required to make these prototypes into successful companies. Areas of exploration include geographically targeted marketing, online political campaign marketing, and XML/RSS-based technologies.