the year of the disaster.
Seattle, WA (PRWEB) December 15, 2005
World Vision, the poverty-fighting Christian relief and development organization, announces holiday gifts with heart through the World Vision Gift Catalog. The catalog, located at http://www.worldvisiongifts.org offers more than 120 charitable gifts to give in the name of friends and loved ones. With each gift purchase, purchasers can designate a card to go to the friend, family member, or business associate in whose name they are giving. World Vision then sends special cards to those individuals, describing the gifts and their impact. The gift or intervention chosen goes directly to a child or family in need.
Many are calling 2005 "the year of the disaster." Tsunamis, hurricanes, and earthquakes have devastated communities worldwide, affecting millions who were already struggling against poverty. This holiday season, you can help many of those affected by the disasters that dominated the news – and reach out to those whose hardships have gone unseen.
In addition to the individual and family donors doing their holiday shopping through the gift catalog, World Vision also welcomes the growing participation of schools, churches, and corporations. Last year, these partners in building a better world for children donated more than $8 million in life-saving charitable gifts.
This year’s items range in price from $10 to $25,800. Choices include:
- Provide a care kit for a child orphaned by AIDS ($25)
- Provide a backpack and school supplies for a child in the U.S. ($25)
- Supply education and vocational training to girls impacted by the commercial sex trade ($35)
- Provide a year of education for child orphaned by AIDS ($50)
- Purchase a share of mine clearance and care ($75)
- Provide nutritious food to feed a village ($80)
- Purchase a share of a deep water well ($100)
- Purchase a camel for a family in Afghanistan or Mongolia ($520)
- Provide eye surgery for a child ($560)
- Build a home for a family affected by HIV/AIDS ($4000)
To order World Vision gifts, visit the web site at http://www.worldvisiongifts.org. To order by phone or to request a print catalog, call toll-free (888) 511-6511. All items are tax-deductible.
About World Vision
World Vision is a Christian relief and development organization dedicated to helping children and their communities worldwide reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty. We serve the world’s poor, regardless of a person’s religion, race, ethnicity or gender. For more information, visit http://www.worldvision.org.
# # #