Newport Beach, CA (PRWEB) December 14, 2005
LiveTime Software, a leading provider of Java-based Customer Service and Support software, today announced the availability of LiveTime Help Desk version 3.7 and LiveTime Support Desk version 3.7. The introduction of project management, invoicing wizards, and knowledge management workflows, combined with significant performance enhancements make this a significant release for all users.
Projects allow complex sets of incidents to be managed via a single master entity. Each project consists of a collection of incidents that need to be individually managed and resolved before a project can be closed. A typical example is a new hire request, which can trigger a series of events such as a new email account, new workstation, training etc. This would present as a series of separate incidents to be completed by different teams before the project is completed. In addition, project templates can be defined to streamline the creation of these tasks in the future, so that each time a new staff member is hired, a project can be created instantly.
The process of raising and editing invoice items and contracts has also been streamlined through the use of wizards. Access to relevant service level agreements, items, incidents and purchase orders has been simplified with new navigational controls. Finance users also have access to an intuitive payment and delivery process, and incidents that are not covered by a valid maintenance contract are now clearly flagged in the system.
- Significant single server and clustered server performance improvements to support hundreds of concurrent users
- Client and Item searches now permit searching on custom fields. In addition, all global items can be flagged for easy identification
- Users are now able to fast track the creation of new item category templates by cloning existing templates
- Business managers can now receive notification of escalation events by registering with an incidents circulation list
- New audit reports
- Expanded LDAP/ADS functionality includes support for ADS/LDAP over SSL for additional security
- Knowledge base articles now include an audit history and rollback facility together with integrated approvals process
About LiveTime Software
Headquartered in Newport Beach, California, LiveTime Software, Inc. is a vendor of J2EE-compliant, web-based service desk, help desk and support automation software for medium to large enterprises. Many global 2000 organizations and educational institutions use LiveTime’s vendor-neutral solutions to lower their costs and improve customer satisfaction. Founded in 1999, LiveTime Software is a privately held firm with offices in the United States, Australia and the United Kingdom.
For more information visit http://www.livetime.com
Media Relations contacts
USA: Bill Gram Reefer
Suite 255, 4100 Newport Place, Newport Beach, CA 92660, United States of America
Phone: +1-949-752 1660, Fax: +1-949-752 1649
Asia Pacific: Kerry Butcher
Level 5, 22 William Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000, Australia
Phone: +61 3 9620 7588, Fax: +61 3 96207533
Europe: Mike Fellows
Suite 5, 107 Promenade,Cheltenham, GL50 1 NW, United Kingdom
Phone: +44 (0) 1242 580090, Fax: +44 (0) 1452 700150
LiveTime and the LiveTime logo are registered trademarks of LiveTime Software, Inc. Other company and product names may be trademarks of the respective companies with which they are associated.
# # #