Bristow, VA (PRWEB) December 28, 2005
Each year, many people set resolutions for the new year. It's often a giddy declaration of lost weight, better jobs, more wealth, controlled spending, and healthier habits. Many are broken and forgotten before the ink dries, if they are recorded in writing at all. This is often because the goals are set without full consideration and without any planning for their achievement. These resolutions are important to those who made them, but without a clear path old patters quickly resume. Knowing how to set effective goals for the new year can help create more lasting results and lead to the self-improvement and greater wealth so many seek.
"The two most common mistakes I see, when it comes to people not achieving their goals, are lack of clarity in the goal and lack of real action towards achieving that goal. It is important to set a goal clearly and then take action, no matter how small, immediately." says public speaker Dave Saunders of http://www.the-time-management-guy.com
These six tips can help any goal setting exercise lead to more effective results.
1. Fix in the mind, the exact goal. One must be able to imagine what it will feel like to have achieved the goal. This is the mental picture which will provide the "compass" towards its attainment.
2. Determine exactly what will be done to achieve this goal.
3. Establish a date for when this goal will be achieved.
4. Create a detailed plan and take some action immediately.
5. Write out a clear statement of the goal.
6. Review the goal, preferably out loud, twice a day.
Arrange an interview with Dave Saunders for more insights into this topic. Direct line: (703) 652-7119 Email: email@example.com Other helpful information can be found at: http://www.the-time-management-guy.com.
Read "Super Tactics of Time Management Experts," available at http://www.the-time-management-guy.com/Time-Secrets.html
For More Information Contact:
# # #