Houston, TX (PRWEB) December 27, 2005
Responding to growing demand from families and professionals around the world for information about the Relationship Development Intervention® (RDI®) program, Connections Center is planning an expanded schedule of workshops in 2006. Titled, “Going to the Heart of Autism,” the two-day workshops are hosted by Dr. Steve Gutstein, who co-developed the RDI program.
The 2006 schedule of autism workshops includes the following:
- Jacksonville, Florida, January 6 - 7, 2006
- Kelowna, British Columbia, February 4-5, 2006
- Madison, Wisconsin, March 4-5, 2006
- Oxford, England, March 10-11, 2006
- Winnipeg, Manitoba, March 29-30, 2006
- Connecticut, April 27-28, 2006
- Indianapolis, Indiana, May 3-4, 2006
- Sacramento, California, June 9-10, 2006
- New Jersey, July 7-8
- Denver, Colorado, July 28-29, 2006
- Chicago, Illinois, August 25-26, 2006
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, September 14-15, 2006
- Columbus, Ohio, October 5-6, 2006
- Los Angeles, California, November 3-4, 2006
- Austin, Texas, November 11-12, 2006
For the first time, the Connections Center’s 2006 autism workshop schedule includes a workshop in the United Kingdom, where the National Autistic Society estimates 535,000 individuals have autism and approximately two million people are affected by the disorder. This includes family members and professionals involved in the care and support of people with autism.
“We are pleased that the RDI program is helping families around the world to remediate the core cognitive deficits of autism,” said Gutstein. “In the past 12 months, the number of autism consultants who have earned certification in the RDI program has increased more than 50 percent, which means more families in more communities can access the guidance they need to implement the RDI program effectively.”
Please note that workshop locations and dates are subject to change. For the most current information about the 2006 schedule of two-day autism workshops, call (866) 378-6405 x 119 or visit http://www.rdiconnect.com.
About Connections Center
Established in 1995, the Connections Center for Family and Personal Development, based in Houston, is a multi-disciplinary program to develop innovative evaluation and intervention programs for people with relationship disorders. Led by Drs. Steve Gutstein and Rachelle K. Sheely, the Connections Center staff provides a full range of evaluation and treatment services, including RDI. They provide education and training to families and professionals worldwide. More information is available at http://www.rdiconnect.com.