Northbrook, IL (PRWEB) June 22, 2005
Traveling to Mexico or Caribbean all-inclusive resorts with toddlers & kids? Worried about food and water? Don't worry, things will be fine. Here's some tips:
- Bring a travel kettle to boil tap water to wash your kids sippy cups, plastic cutlery etc. Put a small amount of dish soap in a Tupperware dish and use that for soap.
- Even if your hotel room tap water says it is drinkable don’t drink it. Sometimes just a change in water even safe water can send toddlers and some adult’s stomachs/bowels for a turn. Therefore brush and rinse your teeth and tooth brushes with bottled water too. Just keep getting extra bottles in your mini fridge.
- Bring lots of their favorite dry snacks from home for munching in the hotel room and by the pool or beach.
- Eat fruit that has to be peeled e.g. bananas, pineapple, mangoes, oranges etc.
- It can be nerve racking experience if your toddler is a fussy eater. Do not worry; they will manage fine on fruit, crackers, toast, pancakes, yogurt, ice cream, French fries, muffins, hot dogs and pizza; not ideal but it is only for seven days.
- Bring along a large pack of juice drink boxes, the single serving applesauce and mini Oreos and mini cereal bars.
- Milk tastes a bit different in Mexico, so your child may not like it. All-inclusive resorts always have fresh juices and if you bring your drink boxes you will have those too.
- Bring along lots of extra baby face cloths as you go through them very fast. You only get a couple of face cloths in your room.
- If you are worried about high chairs or other eating surfaces bring along a pack of bacterial wipes.
- Bring the rubber bath mat from your tub to stop slipping in the shower/tub at the hotel.
- Bring a large mesh laundry bag as you will have a fair amount of damp laundry and it can get smelly or moldy. if you have a balcony keep the bag outside.
-if you don’t have walky-talkies consider getting a set. It will make your life much easier when you need to locate each other if one of you is in the room and the other at the pool etc.
- Bring many more diapers then you think. You would need them as changes in food bring changes in bowel movements and frequency of them.
- For fun bring small bucket and shovel for sand and collecting sea shells, inflatable water toy and some books and items for
in the room, a portable DVD player and child’s favorite DVDs for the flight and for in the room.
A small medical kit is very helpful should children become ill when traveling. The kit should contain medications for illnesses that children experience at home and for potential travel-related illnesses, and it should contain the telephone numbers of all the children’s health-care providers.
You will have a great time, but be warned vacationing with a toddler is definitely not a relaxing adult vacation.
Iberostar lovers can also visit unofficial discussion board. To learn more about Iberostar forum or to join the community for free, visit http://www.iberostar-board.com, http://www.iberoboard.com or http://www.sunjetholidays.com
Is an all-inclusive resort right for you? The article offers detailed introduction to all inclusive vacation concept. http://press.arrivenet.com/tra/article.php/561534.html
# # #