Fountain Valley, CA (PRWEB) January 9, 2006
The seminar on “Amateur Spectroscopy: From qualitative to quantitative Analysis”, presented by Dale Mais, Ph. D. (http://www.mais-ccd-spectroscopy.com/Personal.htm) is being offered as a public service of the RAS Observatory. There is no charge for access to this seminar.
Here are the main points:
- Who: Presented by Dale Mais, Ph.D. of the SAS (Society for Astronomical Science) http://socastrosci.org/
- What: Web-based seminar on “Amateur Spectroscopy: From qualitative to quantitative Analysis”
- Where: On your most convenient web connected computer via the internet
- When: Sunday, January 15, 2006 12:00 PM MST. (19:00 UT) Duration approximately 1 hour
- What: Here is an example of what can be accomplished with amateur equipment
Those wishing to participate are required to join a Yahoo group specifically setup for this meeting. The link to that group may be found at http://www.ras-observatory.org/ras/Web_Seminars/web_seminars.html. All further information will be distributed only to those that sign up for this group. Questions should be directed to the email address listed on the website.
RASO Resource Provider to be interviewed by Mitch Battros (http://www.earthchangestv.com/aboutmitch.php), Author of ‘Solar Rain’ and the producer of the Earth Changes TV - Radio Hour (http://www.earthchangestv.net/Solar_Rain_Overview.htm).
Thursday January 12th 2006 from 9 PM to 10 PM (Pacific Time Zone) Arnie Rosner of Rent-A-scope, a service provider to the Remote Astronomical Society’s RAS Observatory will be interviewed by Mr. Battros about the evolution of the research activity at RASO.
The RAS Observatory is dedicated to providing access to remote observing resources for the amateur astronomer. The RAS Observatory offers especially low cost resources to members of the observatory. The public is also invited to participate. Learn more about the professional-grade research equipment available by visiting the website at: http://www.ras-observatory.org/ras/index.htm.