Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) January 10, 2006
Midisoft Corp., developers of award-winning music software, announces the release of Guitar Tool, a new program packed with powerful features for the novice and advanced guitarist. It’s tailor-made for guitarists who have the basics of playing down, but want extra tools to help them learn or create songs.
Guitar Tool features five essential music components:
- Song Editor – Allows you to create a PG3 song file by providing lyrics and chords, or you can import from the thousands of lyric text files available on the Internet. Edit your song’s rhythm and style, and even make I easier to play with the Simplify Chords feature. Add a MIDI track to your song for a drum base line, a back-up melody, or even a guitar solo.
- Song Player – Plays your songs by showing you the lyrics and chords, as well as the fingering and notation. Transpose your song into any key and print the lyrics together with the chords. Also controls playback tempo. Aids in learning your favorite song with a visual representation of the fingering and chord application.
- Chord Dictionary – Includes more than 3,000 chords. Practice and learn chord fingering, notation, and even intervals at your own pace. Import chord information from lyric/chord text files. Shows you many ways to play each chord, and even features customized fretboard views. You can create customized chords, and it allows you to draw a chord on the fretboard to find out its name and other possible variations. Excellent for beginners, skilled players, and even songwriters looking for that perfect, yet elusive chord.
- Metronome – The built-in metronome keeps you on top of the rhythm, not behind it. You can choose the desired tempo in pre-defined measures/BPM (beats per minute), and select the timing of your measures. The TAP feature detects your song’s tempo automatically.
- Tuner – Accurately and precisely helps you tune your instrument by using your computer’s microphone or your instrument cable. Helps you improve your musical ear by listening to the original tuning and comparing it. The Wizard helps you set up everything for easy use. And, it is able to do customized tunings for many stringed instruments including: Electric and Acoustic Guitar, Bass, Mandolin, Bouzouki, Ukulele, Banjo, Violin, Violoncello, and Viola.
In addition to these five main components, Guitar Tool also features a bonus music writing program so users can print out their songs in sheet music form, and even burn their creations to MP3, WAV, or Windows Media formats. The program is MIDI compatible and is able to work with multiple MIDI controllers. The notation software allows you to print your song creations, while the sequencer helps you share your music by creating MP3, Wav, and Windows Media Format files. Also includes plug-ins like transpose, quantize, copy, merge, split, revoice, and nudge.
Guitar Tool is PC compatible. It is available now at a suggested retail price of $59.95 at Fry’s Electronics stores, through Navarre distributing, and at music and software retailers nationwide. To order, or for dealer information, contact Midisoft at 1-866-MIDISOFT, or visit http://www.midisoft.com.
About Midisoft Corporation
Midisoft Corp. develops award-winning consumer, business and OEM products sold to retailers, educators, and worship music leaders worldwide. For more than 15 years, Midisoft has developed the technologies needed to turn the PC into a key component in making music for anyone interested in creating and sharing music. Midisoft is dedicated to providing the most innovative, rewarding, intelligent, and easy-to-use PC sound solutions for Windows and now Apple operating systems. For sound MIDI or digital audio, Midisoft guarantees 100 percent satisfaction from all their products. http://www.midisoft.com.
For press queries or review copies, please contact Fran Vincent at 954-272-8449 or 786-301-1137.
# # #