Ludhiana, Punjab, India (PRWEB) January 12, 2006
With the internet opening up new vistas, aptitude tests in India cross the boundary of classroom, city, state…and enter the realm of the World Wide Web. Top Careers & You (TCY) invites GRE aspirants to practice their test papers online through http://www.tcyonline.com.
The GRE (Graduate Record Examinations) test which is conducted by ETS (Education Testing Services) is used by institutions as a common, objective measure to evaluate the credentials of applicants from different undergraduate programs across the globe. The results are used to supplement the other evidence of student’s qualifications; helps to enhance equity, fairness and access to graduate schools and aids in the evaluation of grades and recommendations.
The GRE General Test measures critical thinking, analytical writing, verbal reasoning, and quantitative reasoning skills that have been acquired over a long period of time and that are not related to any specific field of study.
ETS is introducing significant changes to the general test with effect from October 2006. “The changes to the GRE General Test are significant,” says David Payne, Executive Director of the GRE Program in ETS’s Higher Education Division. “The new test will emphasize complex reasoning skills that are closely aligned to graduate work. We’ll include more real-life scenarios and data interpretation questions, and new, more focused writing questions”.
Each of the GRE General Test’s three sections — Verbal Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning, and Analytical Writing — will have different types of questions and new formats. The new GRE General Test will be slightly over four hours long, an increase from the current two-and-a-half-hour exam; will be administered in the ETS global network of Internet-based test centers.
TCY invites the students to practice the test online and take the exam before the new changes are implemented. The feedback on these tests will give an approach towards the actual examination. The aspirants could try a free test on TCY website.
Benefits to GRE aspirants in taking the test online through http://www.tcyonline.com:
The advantages to the students preparing for GRE through TCY’s testing methodology would be enormous. Some of the unique attributes being:
1. Flexibility: There is no fixed time schedule, or no. of hours and venue. The students can choose their time and test according to their own convenience. Moreover, travel time is eliminated, so students can spend more time practicing the test papers and gaining competitive advantage against their peers.
2. Economical: The cost of individual test papers is very economical, starting from Rs. 25.
3. Regular Assessment: The students can monitor their performance on a regular basis vis-à-vis their peers. The results of these online tests would be displayed through individual score, performance graph and comparative charts. They would be able to assess their strength and weaknesses and improve on their weak areas.
4. Recommendations: The experts from TCY would continuously give their recommendations on the performance of an individual. They would also suggest the kind of preparation required depending on the no. of days left for a particular examination.
5. Technology: Easy to use. The system requirements for the students are simple. An internet connection on a windows 98, NT / 2000 / Win XP with a Pentium III processor or above, along with min 128 MB RAM is all what is required.
How does it work?
Procedure to enroll:
Step 1: Register yourself. (Click here to register)
Step 2: Choose the course: GRE
Step 3: Choose the topic. (Quantitative ability, Verbal ability, Vocabulary)
Step 4: Add the test/tests that you want to purchase in you cart. (Half length or full length)
Step 5: Confirm your order by entering your username & password (if you are not a registered user, then register yourself)
Step 6: Select the mode of payment (Credit card, DD, Cheque, Cash etc)
Step 7: Login to my account.
Top Careers & You (TCY), a technology-enabled test preparatory and testing service provider has launched its online testing for MBA, GRE and SAT nationwide through http://www.tcyonline.com. With eight yrs experience in the said domain through classroom and distance learning modes (correspondence and online), TCY is one of the pioneers in online testing concept in India.
TCY, in strategic alliance with VSNL (Tata Indicom) as its academic partner has also hosted the online testing service for MBA, GRE and SAT on the learning zone of their broadband portal. These services can be browsed through a username and password by any Tata broadband subscriber with the payment made through a monthly billing system (prepaid or post paid).
Meenakshi K. Chatta
Corporate Communications Manager
Top Careers & You
Mobile : +91-09927069999