Amherst, NH (PRWEB) January 13, 2006
Vicon Publishing Inc., a leading B2B media company, today announced that it will be offering an audio seminar on "Training - The Building Block to a Successful Laboratory Animal Program" on March 17, 2006 at 1:00 p.m. EST. The featured speaker will be Susan Pack, Training Coordinator for University Laboratory Animal Resources Department at The University of Pennsylvania.
This audio event will cover the process needed to develop a strong laboratory animal training program, as well as the benefits of training for all members of the biomedical research community.
Topics will include:
- Why is training needed and who needs to be trained?
- Complying with regulations, addressing animal welfare, and providing a productive and successful work environment.
- The necessary components to effectively develop or improve a solid laboratory animal training program.
- Resources available to aid in strengthening you new or existing program.
- An overview of the Laboratory Animal Training Division at The University of Pennsylvania.
- Beyond training…other ideas to strengthen your program.
Learn more about this seminar at http://www.viconpublishing.com/audio.asp.
Vicon Publishing is offering other upcoming audio seminars within the next few months, including:
- January 19, 2006: Risk Management: Keep Your Facility Operating When Disaster Strikes
- January 23, 2006: Best Security Strategies and Practices for Labs and Controlled Environments
- February 2, 2006: Congratulations, You’re a Supervisor. Now What?
- February 14, 2006: Using the Internet to Improve Productivity in Laboratory Environments
- February 16, 2006: Managing Contingent Workers and Independent Contractors in Your Lab or Controlled Environment
- March 23, 2006: Creative Ways to Find Talent for Your Lab or Controlled Environment
All audio seminars start at 1:00 p.m. EST, last approximately an hour, and cost $179 per telephone line.
For details and registration information, visit http://www.viconpublishing.com/audio.asp or call R.D. Whitney, Vicon’s VP of Business Development, at (603) 672-9997, x-103.
About Vicon Publishing:
Vicon Publishing (http://www.viconpublishing.com) provides timely and relevant information to readers across select industries. The business-to-business media company produces a number of print and online publications, including Controlled Environments Magazine, Animal Lab News, Forensic Magazine, and Lab Manager Magazine. It also conducts the annual TurnKey Conference, which delivers useful information on technology and trends in facility construction, renovation and equipment.