Laguna Beach, CA (PRWEB) January 18, 2006
Say hello to the new generation of romantic bed & breakfasts and country inns! The 2006 Top 10 Romantic Inns, just announced by American Historic Inns, Inc. and companion Web site http://www.iLoveInns.com, create unparalleled romantic adventures for lovers. Romantic packages include a “Get Serious” proposal package with one-carat diamond ring, a gourmet al fresco picnic in the woods and plenty of pampering, chocolates and delicious cuisine.
“This year’s Top 10 Romantic Inns are amazing…set in wonderful locations with innkeepers who will practically do anything to make their guests’ visits unforgettably romantic,” says American Historic Inns President Deborah Sakach. “Our travel writers hit the jackpot this time!”
The Adobe Grand Villas of Sedona, Arizona reports that they have arranged some of the most unique marriage proposals including one in which innkeepers spread photographs of the couple from childhood to present in their Silver Spur room, sprinkled rose petals throughout the suite and lit it entirely by candlelight. The couple was then served a five-course dinner featuring a flourless chocolate cake garnished with whipped cream and topped with a 2-karat diamond ring.
“Our dedication to perfection inspires guests to come back year after year to recapture that special moment…including the same room and the same menu,” said Adobe Grand Villas chef Michael Merilli.
2006 Top 10 Romantic Inns
The Inn at Bowman’s Hill (http://www.theinnatbowmanshill.com ) – New Hope, Pa.
Adobe Grand Villas (http://www.adobegrandvillas.com) – Sedona, Ariz.
Santa Ynez Inn (http://www.santaynezinn.com) – Santa Ynez, Calif.
Brampton Bed & Breakfast Inn (http://www.bramptoninn.com) – Chestertown, Md.
Grand Victorian B&B Inn (http://www.grandvictorian.com) – Bellaire, Mich.
Sea Crest by the Sea (http://www.seacrestbythesea.com) – Spring Lake, N.J.
Butler House on Grand (http://www.butlerhouseongrand.com) – Des Moines, Iowa
Savory Inn & Cooking School (http://www.savoryinn.com) – Vail, Colo.
Bissell House Bed & Breakfast (http://www.bissellhouse.com) – South Pasadena, Calif.
Washington Plantation Bed and Breakfast (http://www.washingtonplantation.com) – Washington, Ga.
“I was looking for a unique way to propose and found the Inn at Bowman’s Hill,” said 26-year-old Ryan Zidek. “Mike Amery (the innkeeper) helped me shape the evening and made sure everything was taken care of …candles, roses, our champagne and a conservatory with a waterfall and exotic flowers all to ourselves. It was phenomenal.”
Each of the 2006 Top 10 Romantic Inns cater to their guests’ individual needs. The Brampton Inn of Chestertown, Maryland has created a private proposal room in the Belvedere at the top of the inn. There couples will find two rocking chairs, a breathtaking view and a table set with roses, champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries.
2006 Top 10 Romantic Packages
1. Get Serious ( Offered by Sea Crest By the Sea - 800-803-9031)–this is for the man or woman who has made a New Year’s resolution to finally get serious about a relationship and propose marriage but might need some help with actual arrangements. Special includes: One night in the most romantic room, champagne, chocolate-covered strawberries, a one-carat diamond ring and breakfast in bed.
2. Military Valentine’s (and any other romantic occasion) Romance Special (Offered by Washington Plantation - 877-405-9956) – Active or retired military members receive a 20% discount on any room, any time. Package includes fresh-cut roses, complimentary champagne in-room, fireplace, rose petals strewn over the bed, pillow-top chocolates and teddy bear to take home ($296 for two-night stay).
(Non-military guests can enjoy the same treatment on Valentine’s Day or special occasions…regular rates apply.)
3. Driving Miss Daisy Formal Picnic and Ultimate Romance Special (Offered by The Inn at Bowman’s Hill for once-in-a-lifetime occasions - 215-862-8090) – Two nights in a luxurious suite, gourmet breakfast for two delivered to guestroom, “Driving Miss Daisy” formal al fresco picnic with a local gourmet, a full one-hour in-room couple massage with two therapists from the upscale Solebury Club, A dozen red roses (of course), chocolate strawberries and two-day passes to the Solebury Club ($1,600 including all taxes).
4. Relaxation and Romance (Offered by Adobe Grand Villas - 866-900-7616) – Includes two nights in a luxury villa, two 1 ½-hour “Combination Massage Sessions” in the luxurious spa and a five-course dinner for two in the candlelit dining room or in guest villa. Mansion-like villa is 850-square feet with two fireplaces and in-room jetted tub. The room will be refreshed each day with complimentary juices, snacks and freshly baked bread. Stay also includes three-course breakfasts and afternoon hors d’oeuvre (low season $1,130–high season and holidays $1,330).
5. Grand Romance (Offered by the Grand Victorian - 877-438-6111) – An all-inclusive package that includes chocolates and truffles, split of wine served in an antique ice bucket, a unique Grand Victorian welcome card with long-stemmed rose. Guests enjoy a 5-course candlelight dinner with soft music.
More priceless romantic packages and unlimited stories are available upon request.