Custer, WA (PRWEB) January 20, 2006
GTES is pleased to announce today that it has released the latest update to the SHERLOC™ Hosted Location Services (http://www.sherlocgps.com). With the release of SHERLOC™ V1.2 customers will find the same powerful location capabilities updated with a simpler and more intuitive map navigation interface.
“In discussions with our customers we identified several new features related to tracking screen navigation that would simplify the user experience and better map into existing work flows” stated GTES Vice President of Marketing and Business Development Mark Pocock. “We’re confident that both our cargo security and vehicle or mobile-asset tracking users will find the updated interface provides easier and more intuitive access to the powerful tracking and management features of SHERLOC™.
In addition to the user interface updates, SHERLOC™ V1.2 expands the report generation capabilities and implements several server-based modes of operation to unify capabilities across all device types. “Using server-based geofences, continuous tracking, and scheduled tracking, SHERLOC™ can provide these services even for wireless GPS tracking devices which do not inherently support these capabilities” said GTES Vice President of Engineering Peter Carr. “To the greatest extent possible, we strive to provide a unified feature set across different wireless networks and for both standalone battery powered and vehicle powered devices.”
The principal new features in SHERLOC™ V1.2 include:
· Zoom bar for control of zoom levels
· Single click on map re-centres display around selected point, with option to zoom one level at the same time
· Pan control simplifies panning up, down, left, right, and at 45 degrees.
· Click on map balloons zooms on the selected device
· Click on device icon from device list zooms on selected device
· Home (default) map can be defined by user, and map can be reset to home map with one click on Home button
· Added Airport maps – tracking maps will now show airport areas and runways.
· Enhanced Reporting capabilities (User Defined Reports). Allows users to select fields to be reported, and filter reports based on ranges of dates, values, etc.
· Server Based Geofence
· Server Based Continuous Tracking
· Server Based Scheduled Tracking
· Location Accuracy now reported in feet or meters on selected devices
· Map Display of Geofence from Geofence setting screen
For further details on the application of SHERLOC™ to enhancing the security of high-value goods in transit or the management of mobile assets please contact Brooks Marsden at (770) 754-1668.
GTES has historically focused on providing support for Glenayre wireless messaging infrastructure and software. Recently, however the company has expanded its development activities to include wireless location technologies, a market that analysts forecast at $3.6 billion by 2010. In support of this new strategic direction, GTES has developed SHERLOC™ (http://www.sherlocgps.com), a complete one-stop wireless location service, which provides support for multiple tracking devices including the latest generation utilizing Assisted GPS technologies. Targeted at business customers who need to improve security or efficiency by tracking their high-value goods in transit or field assets, SHERLOC™ is a hosted application that combines configuration flexibility with ease of use.
# # #