(PRWEB) January 26, 2006
The probability of being infected by adware or spyware is very high. In a recent CNN report they state, "If you use the internet, There is over 90% chance your computer is infected with spyware" - (Source CNN). In effect, you could now have adware or spyware causing havoc on your PC and not even be aware of it.
What is Spyware and Adware? Spyware and adware are software programs that are made with the Intention of allowing individuals and companies to spy on the web browsing activities of unsuspecting surfers. These programs literally invade privacy, slow down computer systems and annoy with constant popups.
Does adware and spyware affect everyone or just some users?
- Spyware and adware programs affect everyone
- Every single piece of information entered on the web can be intercepted by an unauthorized person or entity.
- Unauthorized websites can wind up on the desktop and in the Internet favorites.
- Every move one makes on the Internet can be tracked and watched
- Personal information obtained can be sold without consent or knowledge
- Unwanted toolbars and searchbars can attach themselves to the browser without knowledge or approval
- The default homepage and settings can be hijacked so they cannot be changed.
These programs install themselves silently and slow down the PC by taking up vast amounts of hard drive space, and worse yet, cannot be removed without help.
The symptons of infection are now easily diagnosed. Computers run slowly for no immediately obvious reason, popups suddenly appear at every opportunity, files are corrupted. New and existing computer owners are advised that taking precautions against such occurrences is required if they are to ensure a safe and protected computing environment.
Protecting a PC from such hostile and intrusive attacks requires very little effort on the part of the user. There are numerous software products available that will automatically scan, protect, optimize and clean PC's on a regular basis. Most products come with automatic update features, providing ongoing protection against not only existing threats, but also potential future variants.
One such utility is 'Adware Alert'. Adware Alert scans a computer for hidden parasites and removes them permanently. The advanced system cleaner works to repair and correct errors caused by adware and spyware, and tweaks the PC for optimal performance. Annoying pop-up ads are blocked before they have a chance to bother again.
For 'peace of mind' computer users may now download Adware Alert and undertake a free PC security scan to assess their level of risk or infection from: http://www.softscript.biz.
# # #