If yoga means union, then painting is yoga
Remsenburg, NY (PRWEB) January 26, 2006
Could there be a more romantic Valentine’s Day gift than a yoga adventure retreat to Monet’s garden in Giverny, France in the Spring? Professional artist Charles Wildbank and yogini Mary McGuire are leading a yoga/painting workshop in the charming Normandy countryside, less than an hour from Paris. This experience will lead you in the footsteps of Monet, Cezanne, Seurat and other great artists. A special Valentine’s Day couples discount could have you winging your way to this yoga adventure retreat in April.
The adventure includes a full-day guided/independent tour of Paris' finest museums of art with Wildbank and McGuire. Once in the countryside, the comfortable accommodations in a private home in Giverny offer insights into Monet’s everyday life. The retreat itinerary visits historic chateaux in small French country towns and one of the highlights will be painting the serene setting of Monet's garden and water lily pond.
This is a perfect retreat for lovers, artists and painters looking for inspiration and yogis who have dreamed of painting, but not had the courage. The yoga practice in this workshop will emphasize the union between the artist, her tools and her subject. All yoga practice used at this retreat is appropriate for all levels, from total beginner to advanced and sourced from a variety of styles including Kundalini, Vinyassa, Meditation and Dance. "If yoga means union, then painting is yoga," says McGuire. "It releases fear of what we are capable of creating".
Painting is another way the yogi can stretch out from the body via spirit into union with the rest of the world. Just working in the very same gardens and streets that so inspired the masters of the Impressionist era is an experience not to be missed. Both artists who have never practiced yoga before, and serious yogis who have never painted before, will be embarking on an eye-opening journey this spring.
Highlights of the tour include:
- Access to Monet's Gardens and historic Baudy Hotel for painting and photography
- Access to historic painting landmarks of the Impressionists within and outside Giverny
- Comfortable accommodations in a large rustic home in the heart of Giverny (two participants per room, each room with private bathroom)
- Daily buffet breakfast
- Traditional French cuisine dinners with wine prepared by the host on 6 nights including farewell banquet (remaining 2 nights are at everyone's liberty so they can explore the surprises Paris and the Normandy villages have to offer!)
- Handpicked self-guided Tour Maps of Paris Museums, cafes and haunts of Monet and the great Impressionists
- Instruction in art and yoga integration at all levels by artist Charles Wildbank and yogini Mary McGuire
- Wildbank's exercises on quick meditation and relaxation in between schedules
- Canvas, acrylic paints and mediums (bring your brushes, and those who wish to paint in oils may bring their own paints)
- Healing and Integrative Body work available
Register before February 10th for the Valentine's couple's special
# # #