Ferndale, WA (PRWEB) January 27, 2006
The 51st annual Ferndale Chamber of Commerce installation banquet proved that while Ferndale may be a small town, the business community is rich, diverse and thriving.
Silver Reef Casino was both host and honoree at the January 19 event. The casino was named Business of the Year and also won an award for providing business support. More than 125 Ferndale business luminaries packed the Silver Reef's Pavilion Room for a gala dinner celebrating the city's strong and varied business community.
During the dinner, Brenda Rinesmith of ConocoPhillips, the 2005 chamber president, handed over power to the incoming president, Patty Quanz of Horizon Bank. Rinesmith reflected on her tenure, during which chamber membership grew by 33 percent, the group celebrated their 50th anniversary, the chamber office moved to a new location downtown and the chamber and city embarked on a more co-operative relationship. Quanz said she would focus on two areas,a Spring membership drive designed to add at least 36 new members and encouraging members to volunteer.
Mayor Jerry Landcastle offered a keynote speech outlining coming Ferndale projects and highlighting volunteer opportunities available across the community. The Upfront Comedy Theatre entertained guests and the banquet was also a chance to sit back, take stock and celebrate Ferndale business accomplishments from the past year.
Other awards handed out at the banquet include:
- Board Member of the Year: Brenda Rinesmith
- Distinguished Service Award: Darby O'Neil
- Volunteer of the Year: Jason Britain, Keller Williams Realty
- 100% Award: Pete and Nita, Pete's Auto Repair
- Compass Award: Doug Meyer, Pacific Continental Realty
- Ol' Faithful Award: Moles Funeral Home
- Up and Coming Award: Quiznos' Sub
- Tenacity Award: Les Schawb Tire Center
- Foundation Award: PRWeb International
- Charitableness Award: Alcoa Intalco Works
- Ferndale First Award: Ferndale Community Network
The chamber also recognized several Ferndale business people for their accomplishments by naming them honorary board members, including Elie Samuel, Robert Moles Sr., Sam Boulos, Doug Meyer, Jeff Potter and Walt Pollman.
The Ferndale Chamber of Commerce 2006 Board of Directors includes:
- President: Patty Quanz, Horizon Bank
- 1st Vice Pres.: Brenda Rinesmith, ConocoPhillips
- 2nd Vice Pres.: Wayne Galloway, Les Schwab Tire
- Treasurer: Darby O’Neil, C.P.A.
- City Council Liaison: Mike Reilly
- Board Members: Joel Baker, PRWeb International, Bob Bell, Ferndale Mini Market, Dianne Blakesley, Kelly’s O’Deli, Ann Cline, Farmer’s Insurance, Susan Cole, Madison’s Restaurant & Lounge, Kimberly Cook, WECU, Michael Culberson, Quiznos’ Sub, Gary Jensen, Sullivan Plumbing, Eric Larsen, Silver Reef Casino, Hotel & Spa, John Moles, Moles Funeral Services, Wade Stringfield, Wells Fargo Bank
- Chamber Director: Sarah Horner
Banquet sponsors included PRWeb International, Les Schwab Tires, Silver Reef Casino and Ferndale Grain.
Sarah Horner, director
Ferndale Chamber of Commerce
# # #