St. Louis, MO (PRWEB) January 31, 2006
The Advantage Group is pleased to announce Enterprise Modbus, the newest addition to their suite of data center monitoring products.
Enterprise Modbus is a web-based application that allows you to monitor devices using the Modbus protocol. These devices typically include generators, uninterruptible power supplies, static transfer switches and HVAC equipment. Enterprise Modbus supports both serial (RTU or ASCII) and TCP Modbus protocols. It can monitor devices from multiple manufacturers. Enterprise Modbus can be run as a standalone product or integrated seamlessly with Enterprise Device Manager to provide the ability to monitor both Modbus and SNMP devices from the same console.
While typical building management systems may start at $50,000, Enterprise Modbus retails for only $8,000.
"The Enterprise suite of products helps to break down the wall between the Facilities and IT groups," explains Dave Cole, the president of The Advantage Group. "The traditional view of device management has been that the facilities group monitors devices such as large UPSs, generators, PDUs and HVAC equipment while the IT group is responsible for rack equipment, small UPSs, smart power strips, network equipment and servers. Add to that the applications running on the servers that are managed by a user group and you have a very difficult time keeping track of all of the monitoring systems. Enterprise will now allow you to monitor all of the critical devices in your infrastructure, regardless of manufacturer, and also keep an eye on server resources and applications.”
Enterprise Modbus features include:
- Real-time alarm monitoring for up to 250 Modbus devices
- Works with both serial (ASCII or RTU) or TCP Modbus
- Register map tool allows new Modbus devices to be quickly added
- Display, graph or export trend data
- Run as a standalone application or use Enterprise’s seamless integration to provide centralized monitoring of Modbus and SNMP devices
The complete suite of data center monitoring products from The Advantage Group includes:
- Enterprise Modbus: manage critical devices using the Modbus protocol
- Enterprise Application Monitor: monitor scripts, applications and system resources
- Enterprise Device Manager: monitor up to 1,000 devices including UPSs, PDUs, rack and environmental monitors and IP cameras
- Enterprise Premier: link multiple versions of Enterprise Device Manager to monitor tens of thousands of devices
About The Advantage Group
The Advantage Group is a St. Louis-based software development company focused on creating software for monitoring and controlling devices in your critical network infrastructure. The Advantage Group also specializes in UPS management and server shutdown software and hardware products. For more information, visit http://www.taglim.com.