The requirements are different in every state
Madison, WI (PRWEB) February 6, 2006
BizFilings, the leader in online incorporation services, is making it easier than ever for customers with North Carolina corporations and LLCs to meet the state’s annual reporting requirements. BizFilings now offers online annual report filing services to customers with North Carolina corporations and Limited Liability Companies (LLCs).
The State of North Carolina requires for-profit corporations to submit an Annual Report each year by March 15. LLCs must file their Annual Report by April 15.
While filing annual statements can seem like a simple task on the surface, the process is often complicated because companies can be doing business in several states simultaneously, all with different reporting processes. Mark Schiff, General Manager for BizFilings, said that BizFilings is an online leader in helping corporations file their annual statements. The company currently files annual statements electronically in Delaware, Florida and California. He said the company anticipates putting more than 20 additional states online in 2006.
"The requirements are different in every state," said Schiff. "There is no set time when states require their annual statements. Some states require everyone to file at once; others require corporations to file on their anniversaries. Some have different dates and requirements depending on whether it’s an LLC or corporation. That is why it’s a good idea for companies to have someone to turn to for this task."
Corporations are often required to foreign-qualify in additional states when they start transacting business in states other than where they’re incorporated. And, like annual report requirements, the definition of "transacting business" depends on the state and the situation.
Troy Janisch, marketing director for BizFilings, said corporations are seeking service partners that can meet their need for ongoing compliance in addition to their need for incorporation services.
"Our customers demand innovative compliance tools—and that’s exactly what we provide," said Janisch. "They want to concentrate on their core business instead of monitoring the paperwork requirements in each of the states in which they do business."
BizFilings also offers customers a Web-based compliance management tool called BizComply, which outlines critical events and notifies business owners before these events need to happen. It provides access to important forms and houses a company's critical information in one convenient location. Owners of multiple businesses can keep track of each business entity through a single account. And, if a business is qualified in multiple states, BizComply helps manage the compliance requirements for each of those states.
BizFilings is the Internet leader in providing incorporation and related services to business owners. Bizfilings professionally forms corporations, limited liability companies (LLCs), and nonprofits faster than anyone else. Its rush service makes it possible to file a corporation or LLC in as little as 24 hours. The company offers a free Guide to Incorporating Your Business, illustrating the options available to new business owners as they decide the appropriate structure for their business; the advantages and disadvantages of forming a corporation or an LLC; the formation process; and the requirements imposed on business owners after forming a corporation or an LLC.
BizFilings products and services include:
- State filings in all 50 states Corporate, LLC and nonprofit formations, professional entity formations, foreign qualifications, amendments and dissolutions. 24-hour or 48-hour rush filing service in many states.
- Registered agent services in all 50 states All formations and qualifications include six months of free registered agent services. BizFilings will even serve as registered agent for entities that were formed by another company.
- IRS forms and filings Form preparation or obtainment for federal tax identification number (EIN) and S corporation election.
- State and local-related services DBAs, certified copies, certificates of good standing, state name availability searches, state name reservation and apostilles.
- Compliance We offer BizComply, an online compliance management tool that ensures you are aware of the government deadlines related to your company.
- Business planning software Our Ultimate Business Planner software helps create a winning business plan based on an easy-to-use, step-by-step approach.
- Corporate supplies Corporate kits, LLC kits, corporate seals, LLC seals, stock certificates, membership certificates, corporate forms, compliance DVDs and LLC forms.
- Shelf corporations Corporations and LLCs that have already been formed but never used, allowing companies to gain immediate history.
- QuickFilings As a BizFilings customer, you can quickly and easily order a number of products and services online using QuickFilings.
As a company started in 1996 by entrepreneurs seeking online resources to start a business of their own, BizFilings embraces the entrepreneurial spirit. The company has grown rapidly in the past decade, helping over 100,000 domestic and international business owners with their corporation, limited liability company, and nonprofit formation needs. The company is headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin with satellite operations around the country.
BizFilings is a part of Wolters Kluwer, a leading multi-national publisher and information services company with annual sales as of 2004 of €3.3 billion and approximately 18,400 employees worldwide.