San Francisco, CA, (PRWEB) February 3, 2006
Early Impact, an ecommerce software development company, announced today the official release of the new Conflict Management Add-on for its ProductCart Build To Order shopping cart software.
ProductCart Build To Order is a completely unique ecommerce system that helps companies sell customizable products and services online. It combines shopping cart software, a multi-step product configurator, and online quoting features. It is used by hundreds of Internet stores that sell complex products and services in a variety of industries including custom computers, catering, custom furniture, printing, industrial machinery, and more.
One element that was missing from the product configurator portion of the system was the ability for the store administrator to define rules that would manage potential conflicts among item selections. For example, a computer store selling customizable PC’s might need to inform customers that a certain processor is not compatible with a specific motherboard, or that a certain monitor requires a specific graphic card.
The Conflict Management Add-on specifically addresses this need and allows store managers to easily and quickly:
- Define unlimited rules that regulate item selections when customers purchase customizable products.
- Define "MUST" rules (if you select A, you must select B).
- Define "CANNOT" rules (if you select A, you cannot select B, C and D)
- Define rules at the category level (if you select A, you must select an item from category XYZ).
- Trigger the enforcement of a rule via the selection of a specific item or any item within a category (if you select A, then… vs. if you select any item from category XYZ, then…)
- Combine "MUST" and "CANNOT" rules to implement complex business logic.
- Copy rules from one configurable product to another to reduce setup time.
“We are very excited about the latest addition to our ProductCart Build To Order shopping cart software. The new Conflict Management Add-on will allow users of ProductCart to sell even more complex products and services from their online stores.” said Massimo Arrigoni, CEO of Early Impact. “There are dozens of small business ecommerce systems out there that allow you to sell simple products. But we are not aware of any other software that offers this kind of sophistication, at this price point. Beta testers absolutely loved it. It really fills a gap in the marketplace”
The Conflict Management Add-on for ProductCart is now available for purchase from the Early Impact Web site or any authorized ProductCart reseller. The price is $700 per store and it requires an existing ProductCart Build To Order license ($1,295).
More information and a demo storefront are available on the Early Impact Web site at http://www.earlyimpact.com/productcart/build_to_order/conflict-management.asp
Early Impact provides ecommerce solutions for small businesses. Its ProductCart line of shopping cart software is used by thousands of Internet stores around the world. The company is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco, CA. For more information, please visit http://www.earlyimpact.com
Contact: Massimo Arrigoni, Early Impact LLC
Tel: 415.563.1434 - Email: info-at-earlyimpact.com
# # #