Bedford, NY (PRWEB) February 7, 2006
Taking a page from John Cusack in Say Anything, a steadily increasing number of romantics are finding the power of music to say what a stale old box of chocolates or half-hearted greeting card cannot. The budding trend of hiring entertainers to create the magical ambiance on Valentine’s Day has grown big enough that one entertainment booking Web site, http://www.Gigmasters.com, has created a special Valentine’s Day section for romantically-themed acts.
While hiring someone to stand outside your bedroom with a boom-box blaring In Your Eyes is not yet an option on the site, several musicians who specialize in setting the right mood have been in hot demand for February 14th engagements. Among the top acts commanding the most Valentine’s-related attention are violinists, crooners, opera singers, guitarists and Elvis impersonators.
“There’s something unforgettable about hiring an Elvis impersonator to get down on one knee with an engagement ring in his hand and sing Love Me Tender,” explained Gigmasters.com President Kevin Kinyon “In all seriousness, a lot of people – mostly men – have been searching our site for some really out-of-the box Valentine’s Day ideas.”
Some of the acts getting the most attention on the site are the following:
- Strolling Violinists: Imagine her surprise when you light the candles, crack open a bottle of Bordeaux and hear the opening bars of Bach’s Sonata No. 1 in G Minor approaching the dinner table; a classic.
- Steel Drum Bands: How many marriages were consummated in the tropics after a night of frozen drinks and a steel drum band playing Reggae hits? Bring her back to where it all began.
o Link: http://www.gigmasters.com/music/KoolVibes/
o Audio Clip: http://www.gigmasters.com/mp3/11582_RedRedWine.mp3
- Mandolin Players: This is the closest you can get to bringing St. Mark’s square into your living room (gondola optional).
- Crooners: It is possible to erase all of the forgotten anniversaries by hiring a velvet-voiced Sinatra-impersonator to recreate the first dance at your wedding.
- Elvis Impersonators: Three words: Love Me Tender. Clearly one of the more irreverent Valentine’s Day entertainment ideas, hiring an Elvis impersonator has become something of a phenomenon among the romantically-inclined. Quick tip: There are a lot of shoddy Elvis’ out there; be sure to preview audio clips and pictures to make sure you get Elvis at the peak of his career.
The above Valentine’s Day entertainment ideas are among the most popular currently being booked on Gigmasters.com. For more information about Gigmasters.com, or insight from its executives on the most over-the-top ideas currently being implemented nationwide, please contact John Roderick, J. Roderick, Inc. Public Relations, 631-584-5808, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bedford, NY-based Gigmasters.com, is the eBay of entertainment, where party planners of every type can find – and preview – the perfect talent for their landmark events. Covering every genre from string quartets to acrobats, the site offers detailed descriptions of every act, along with audio and video clips and client feedback ratings. Founded in 1997 by a pair of entrepreneurs with musical backgrounds, the company has emerged through the dot-com boom and bust as a serious player in the entertainment business. The site currently features over 2,500 entertainers for hire, specializing in weddings, corporate events, club gigs and private parties. For more information, please visit the company Web site at http://www.gigmasters.com.
# # #