San Jose, CA (PRWEB) February 6, 2006
XO Communications, Inc. (OTCBB: XOCM.OB) today announced significant upgrades to its Concentric hosting plans to provide more value to businesses. Concentric is now offering increased bandwidth, disk space and email addresses with its Email Hosting, Starter, and Clustered Hosting plans, which combines the best of shared hosting and dedicated hosting, at an affordable price.
Concentric plans now offer more than double the disk space, up to 160 percent more bandwidth and the ability to support more than double the number of email addresses. The upgraded plans include the following:
- Email Plan: 500MB of disk space and 10 email addresses
- Starter Plan: 1GB of disk space, 5GB of traffic, and 20 email addresses
- Basic Plan: 2GB of disk space, 40 GB of bandwidth, and 80 email addresses
- Professional Plan: 5GB of disk space, 75GB of bandwidth, and 200 email addresses
- Enterprise Plan: 10GB of disk space, 100GB of bandwidth, and 500 email addresses
In addition to the hosting plan upgrades, Concentric plans also include one domain name registration for free for one year with Basic, Professional, and Enterprise plans. XO is also offering Private Domain Registration for customers who register their domain name through Concentric. This feature makes it more difficult for spammers to obtain contact email address and protects private information from the public if a domain owner doesn’t wish it to be known, yet has processes to help ensure that legitimate email, phone contacts or land mail reaches them." The cost for Private Domain Registration is $8.95/year.
“We are committed to continuously improving our service and ensuring that we have a competitive offer for our customers,” said Barbara Branaman, vice president and general manager of XO’s hosting business unit. “Businesses know Concentric’s reputation for reliability, security, and excellent customer support. With these new upgrades we are quite confident that small and medium sized business will know Concentric continues to offer the best value in web hosting backed by service guarantees critical to operating a business online.”
The Concentric plans provide small and medium sized businesses a robust, affordable hosting solution that cost effectively accommodates their budget requirements. The Concentric service provides hosting packages that enable real-time web site creation, along with regular and private domain name registration, and value-add services to fully market and sell online. In addition, Concentric offers a variety of features that are exclusive to its service and were designed for the small business:
- Easy-to-use file management, including Netdrive, providing the ability to drag and drop files into a single, secure source online, allowing multiple users to share files, collaborate, and manage version control.
- Secondary MX to allow businesses with their own mail server to use Concentric email as a secondary location to collect and store mail if their server crashes.
- DNS Management tools that allow customers to manage records for their account’s primary domain name as well as any domain aliases.
- The ability to add resources on demand via online instant provisioning tools, such as more disk space, traffic, email, etc., to handle any peaks in traffic and ensure optimum performance at all times.
For more information about Concentric, please visit http://www.concentric.com or call 1-866-500-9696.
Concentric, an XO Communications service, offers business-grade web hosting solutions that cost-effectively scale to meet the needs of today’s growing businesses. As the only hosting service to hold a patent for its Clustered Hosting architecture, Concentric has designed a unique platform that delivers superior performance, reliability and security. Backed by an industry leading 99.9% SLA, a 3-Month Satisfaction Guarantee along with 24x7 customer care, Concentric offers web site hosting, email, ecommerce, sophisticated junk mail filtering, web builder tools, and online marketing services designed to help companies effectively leverage the power of the Internet. For more information, visit http://www.concentric.com or call 866-500-9696.
About XO Communications
XO Communications is a leading provider of national and local telecommunications services to businesses, large enterprises and telecommunications companies. XO offers a complete portfolio of services, including local and long distance voice, dedicated Internet access, private networking, data transport, and Web hosting services as well as bundled voice and Internet solutions. XO provides these services over an advanced, national facilities-based IP network and serves more than 70 metropolitan markets across the United States. For more information, visit http://www.xo.com.
# # #