Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) February 10, 2006
With Valentine’s Day once again approaching, a new independent survey by social dating website TeamDating.com polling 500 married men and 500 single men ages 25-40 years old yielded very similar results in their opinions on the holiday. Whether married for years, or still looking for Mrs. Right, men seemed to agree that the expectations established over the years about how and what they should do have put them in a no win situation. Some key findings of the survey conducted in Los Angeles and Orange County, were the following:
Married Men Survey Results:
- 91% said it was their least favorite Holiday of their marriage due to the expectations of topping what they did the previous year
- 97% said that they plan what they are going to do the weekend before
- 94% said that any money spent on this day is a waste of money
- 72% said they plan on giving a gift certificate
- And only 4% of the men said they feel that the Holiday is even intended for men
Single Men Survey Results:
- 97% said it was their least favorite Holiday of the year
- 99% said to them it’s just another day
- 86% said they will go out and try too find single girls that are out as well
- 89% could not remember what they did the year before
- And a staggering 93% didn’t even know that it fell on February 14th every year
“The overall disdain for the Holiday seems to be caused by the over expectations that women have placed on the meaning of what is done that day, or better yet, what is not done that day,” explained Teamdating.com Chief Dating Officer Ray Doustdar, an expert in relationships and the online dating market. “Men feel that no matter what they do, it won’t be enough. Some try and take a creative approach with something out of the ordinary, but most fall back on the old reliable such as flowers and candy. At the end of the day, I think the thing they are missing is that women mainly want to see that you put some effort into whatever you did. If you are going to get flowers, get them from a different florist so they are not a carbon copy of what you gave for their birthday or another recent event”, commented Doustdar.
For radio and press interviews with Mr. Doustdar on or before February 14th, or any additional information, please contact Kipp Gillian at (949) 637-6401.
Team Dating.com is a unique and revolutionary online dating concept for consumers nationwide -- both those who currently online date and those interested in trying. The site provides the online dating world a safer, less stressful, and more natural way of meeting people online through their “Team of Friends” approach. This approach mirrors how people meet one another in their real lives, and addresses the current weaknesses in the online dating industry, including safety concerns, profile elaboration, time consumption, and inflated costs. As Chief Dating Officer, Mr. Doustdar has been featured in articles in the Cincinnati Enquirer, Seattle Times, San Jose Mercury News, wired.com, and Variety.com.
# # #