(PRWEB) February 11, 2006
Ascent Scientific (http://www.ascentscientific.com) announced the launch of the first commercial source of YM-298198, a novel research tool that will aid research into pain. The latest addition to the Low-Cost Ligand™ range, YM-298198 selectively inhibits a particular protein in the brain - the mGlu1 glutamate receptor subtype. These receptors are thought to be involved in pain.
Steve Roome PhD, Commercial Director commented, “We are delighted to be the first life science supplier to make the authentic version of this exciting research tool commercially available to the scientific community.
Up until now, some confusion has existed in the life science marketplace, and other chemical tools with different structures may have been sold under the name of YM-298198. With the Ascent Scientific commitment to quality and our decades of experience, we guarantee that we are offering the correct version of YM-298198, as reported in the paper by Kohara and colleagues(1). The structure of YM-298198 that we have launched has been confirmed by the research group who first published on this compound.”
YM-298198 is the latest addition to the Low-Cost Ligand™ range – a range of high quality chemical research tools, offered at prices up to half that offered by other life science suppliers.
Contact: Steve Roome, Commercial Director +44 (0)1934 624 695 firstname.lastname@example.org
YM-298198 is a potent, selective, non-competitive mGlu1 antagonist, first published by Dr. Kohara and colleagues in 2005:
1. Kohara et al (2005) Radioligand binding properties and pharmacological characterization of 6-amino-N-cyclohexyl-N-3-dimethylthiazolo[3,2-a]benzimidazole-2-carboxamide (YM-298198), a high affinity, selective, and noncompetitive antagonist of metabotropic glutamate receptor type 1. J.Pharmacol.Exp.Ther. 315:163-169
About Ascent Scientific
Ascent Scientific provides high quality receptor ligands, synthetic chemistry, research, consultancy and analytical services for life science, pharmaceutical and chemistry-related industries.
The Low-Cost Ligand™ range includes glutamate, purinergic, nitric oxide and signal transduction tools including:
- AMN082: the first selective mGlu7 agonist
- L-AP4: selective group III mGlu agonist
- MPEP: mGlu5 selective antagonist
- D-AP5: Potent selective NMDA antagonist
- PPADS: purinergic agonist
- SNAP: Nitric oxide donor
# # #