Winter Garden, FL (PRWEB) February 13, 2006
Swimming pools can be a source of many things - exercise, relaxation, and just plain fun. What they should never be is a source of worry or danger. "Consumers should keep pool chemical safety a top priority throughout the summer," says PoolPartsOnLine.com
Pool Parts Store Inc. recommends the following safety tips around your pool:
- Read the product label and follow directions carefully.
- Always add maintenance products to the pool water separately and in different areas. Do not mix chemicals of any kind together.
- Do not inhale fumes or allow products to get in your eyes, nose or mouth. In the event of accidental contact, or if product is swallowed, follow emergency advice on the product label and call your doctor and/or your local Poison Control Center.
- Do not smoke around chemicals.
- Store chemical products safely and out of the reach of small children.
- Clean up any spills as soon as they occur and dispose of the spilled material in a safe manner. Dispose of all chemicals according to label directions.
- Keep your pool maintenance products in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area, away from other household or garden chemicals and petroleum products.
- Keep chemical product containers tightly closed when not in use.
- Brace liquids so they won't tip while transporting them in your car. Don't allow chemicals to stay in the car for a long period of time.
- Not all chlorinated products are the same, even if they are packaged similarly or smell the same. Never mix chlorinated products of different brand, type, or kind.
- When adding products to a bucket to dilute, always add product to water, never add water to product.
Brought to you by http://www.PoolPartsOnLine.com. The world's most comprehensive Pool Parts Store