Newton, MA (PRWEB) February 13, 2006
Lyra Research’s recently expanded Digital Photography Advisory Service has published its new Forecast 360 for the digital camera, photo printer, and digital capture and photo-printing markets. The forecast predicts continued growth in consumer printing of digital photographs. Worldwide revenue from sales of home photo-printing supplies and in-store and online photo-printing services is expected to grow from a combined $10.7 billion in 2004 to $19.7 billion in 2009, a compound annual growth rate of 13 percent.
According to Steve Hoffenberg, director of Lyra’s Digital Photography Advisory Service, “The percent of digital camera and camera phone images that are printed will remain modest, and the average price per print will sag in response to competitive pressures and through improved production efficiencies. Nevertheless, the sheer number of images digitally captured is exploding. The result will be a steady increase in digital photo-printing revenues through the remainder of the decade.”
Lyra’s Forecast 360 for digital images captured and photo prints includes a wealth of information on consumer imaging products, services, and behaviors, including the following:
· the installed base of digital cameras and camera phones;
· the number of consumer households with digital cameras;
· the number of images captured and saved with digital cameras and camera phones;
· the number of images printed and number of prints from digital cameras and camera phones;
· the number of prints from consumer scans, shared images, and legacy stored images;
· the number of digital photo prints made at home, plus eight segments delineating finished digital print services by online versus in-store submission of images, kiosk versus minilab versus wholesale photofinishing lab production of prints, and home delivery versus retail pickup of finished prints;
· the number of prints by print size for home, online, and in-store digital photo printing;
· the number of digital photo prints in 4 × 6 equivalents, square meters, and square feet;
· the average price per print by print size for home, online, and in-store digital photo printing; and
· revenue for home, online, and in-store digital photo printing.
Each segment of the Forecast 360 includes worldwide data and regional breakouts for Asia Pacific; Europe, the Middle East, and Africa; Latin America; and North America.
The forecast is delivered as an Excel spreadsheet file featuring Lyra’s new dashboard-style forecast user interface. The dashboard includes automatic charting functions for nearly any desired combination of data set, metric, and geographic region. Lyra’s new forecast information is indispensable for consumer electronics companies such as Apple, Canon, Casio, Fuji Photo Film, Hewlett-Packard, Kodak, Kingston, Konica Minolta, LG, Nikon, Nokia, Olympus, Palm, SanDisk, Sony, and others.
Subscribers to Lyra’s Digital Photography Advisory Service can access the Forecast 360 at http://www.lyra.com/dps. Those with questions or who want to learn how to subscribe should call Tom Sandock, Lyra’s director of client relations, at 617-454-2621 for more information.
Meet Steve Hoffenberg at PMA 2006
Steve Hoffenberg will be at the Photo Marketing Association’s PMA 2006 International Convention and Trade Show from February 26 to March 1, 2006, at the Orange County Convention Center, West Building, in Orlando, Florida. Contact Steve Hoffenberg to schedule an analyst meeting by calling 617-454-2628 or e-mailing stevehoffenberg (AT) lyra (DOT) com.
Related Forecast Chart Data
Worldwide Consumer Digital Photo Print Revenue (Billions)
Source: Lyra Research Inc., Digital Photography Advisory Service Forecast 360 (Hi-res and web-res graphic files of this chart are available on the PRWeb posting of this release, or by contacting Andre Rebelo below.)
About Lyra Research
Founded in 1991, Lyra Research is recognized worldwide as the leading provider of market, product, and technology information and analysis focused on the imaging industry. Lyra Research provides targeted information on printers and copiers, digital photography, and imaging supplies to more than 2,000 clients in more than 40 countries. Lyra's portfolio of services includes leading industry newsletters, special market reports, advisory services, conferences, Webcasts, and custom consulting.
Andre Rebelo (arebelo (AT) lyra (DOT) com)
Lyra Research, Inc.
# # #