Sunnyvale, CA (PRWEB) February 15, 2006
http://www.metrofreefi.com, the world's largest directory of free wireless Internet hot spots, has released a survey of the top 10 cities in West Virginia ranked according to the number of free Wi-Fi hot spots. A free Wi-Fi hot spot is a public location that provides locals and visitors wireless Internet at no cost.
The wireless hot spot data was gathered from MetroFreeFi.com's global database, which includes over 10,000 free wireless hot spots and is a collaborative effort by free Wi-Fi users. MetroFreeFi.com ranked cities by the number of free Wi-Fi hot spots within city limits, taking population density into account.
"West Virginians expect to find free Wi-Fi wherever they go," said Scott Lewis, Co-Founder of MetroFreeFi.com. "A growing number of businesses are accommodating by providing free wireless access."
The Top 10 Wireless Cities in the West Virginia:
(For detailed information please visit: http://www.metrofreefi.com/2006/02/15/top-10-wireless-cities-in-west-virginia/)
1) Charleston, WV (9 hotspots with a population of 53421)
2) Morgantown, WV (7 hotspots with a population of 26809)
3) Huntington, WV (4 hotspots with a population of 51475)
4) Hurricane, WV (3 hotspots with a population of 5222)
5) Buckhannon, WV (3 hotspots with a population of 5725)
6) Princeton, WV (3 hotspots with a population of 6347)
7) Lewisburg, WV (2 hotspots with a population of 3624)
8) Martinsburg , WV (2 hotspots with a population of 14972)
9) Fairmont, WV (2 hotspots with a population of 19097)
10) Parkersburg, WV (2 hotspots with a population of 33099)
MetroFreeFi.com was created to increase consumer access to wireless Internet. In the process, MetroFreeFi.com started a revolution as consumers began using the site to find free Wi-Fi in their communities. Currently, MetroFreeFi.com is a user built directory with 10,000 free Wi-Fi hotspots and is expanding worldwide. For further information, please visit: http://www.MetroFreeFi.com
# # #