Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada (PRWEB) February 22, 2006
Esnatech announced plans today to release its’ new Live Communications platform ICU, Instant Communications Unified. Esnatech’s ICU platform is a next-generation enterprise instant messaging (IM) and presence-awareness server integrated into an organization’s telephony network. It will be a significant next step toward Esnatech’s vision of seamlessly connecting people, process & information in real-time to increase productivity, security and enable better decisions faster.
ICU is built on the same platform as Esnatech’s award winning Unified Communications solution Telephony Office-LinX, which provides a standards’-based enterprise IM solution and a wide-ranging real-time collaboration platform integrated into an enterprise’s existing Telephony network. ICU delivers the following communication components:
- Presence - ICU incorporates presence capabilities into productivity and line-of-business applications within an enterprise. All participating users will be able to see when someone is online, what their phone status is and their availability.
- Instant text messaging to any endpoint - ICU provides easy-to-use and familiar text-based messaging within an encrypted and authenticated environment. Users can send text to another user online, while users offline send text via SMS, as well as text to pagers and email enabled devices
- Complete desktop Call control - ICU provides complete desktop telephony features to enable screen pops, desktop dialing and application integration for call management. Its’ API’s enable database integration with any customer relationship platform such as Microsoft CRM, Salesforce.com, Outlook 2003, and many others.
- Microsoft Office System integration - ICU acts as a "presence bridge" between the Microsoft Office System and an organization’s telephony network, enabling out-of-the-box presence integration within Microsoft Office System applications, servers and services. ICU also enables the viewing of presence information directly from Microsoft Outlook® 2003, with the ability to dial from any application on a user’s Windows 2000 or XP OS.
- Standards’-based architecture - ICU is built using industry-standard protocols such as TAPI, SIP and CSTA. This advantage enables the ability to work across any organization’s telephony and data network, while facilitating ease of use of both standard and web-based application.
“ICU is our first step in revolutionizing the way information workers leverage presence information to communicate in real time with both online and offline resources, all within the context of the business productivity applications, Messaging platforms and Telephony networks,” said Mohammad Nezarati, CEO Esnatech. "The value of IM and presence significantly increases as more users need to communicate regardless if they are on or offline, and ICU will allow customers to extend the benefits of real-time communications to a broader set of stakeholders such as partners, suppliers and customers, enabling them to make better decisions faster within a more secure and managed environment."
The ICU beta program is open for nominations starting today. Those interested in participating should contact their Esnatech account manager or sales representative for instructions on how to nominate their organization. ICU is scheduled for release in the second quarter of 2006. Customers should contact their Esnatech account manager or representative for more details.
Founded in 1989, Esnatech’s mission is to provide communication solutions that are simply the best way to communicate! Esnatech solutions empower organizations by giving them the flexibility to conduct business at any time, from anywhere, so they can manage the information they need, when they need it. Esnatech markets and distributes their products through OEM and VAR partners in 28 countries worldwide.
Note to editors: If you are interested in viewing additional information on Esnatech, please visit the Esnatech Web page at http://www.esnatech.com/company/corp_prof.htm on Esnatech’s product pages. Web links, telephone numbers and titles were correct at time of publication, but may since have changed. For additional assistance, journalists and analysts may contact Esnatech’s Marketing department. Microsoft Live Communication Server, Windows, Exchange, Office & Terminal Services are registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation