Seattle, WA (PRWEB) February 22, 2006
BigOven.com, a rapidly growing social network for food, recipes and meal planning, announces the immediate availability of a free custom search button for the Google Toolbar version 4.
BigOven is a complete suite of recipe management applications for the Web, Windows, Palm and Windows Mobile devices, integrated with an online archive of over 150,000 recipes. Cooks of all experience levels can easily swap and rate recipes with anyone around the world. Recipes in the archive has been categorized (“tagged”) into a “folksonomy” by cooks, and can be easily searched in a variety of interesting ways, for instance “spicy chinese chicken”, “winter casserole”, “advance breakfast”, “kid dessert”.
For instance, cooks can come to BigOven.com to quickly find exciting ways to use up the ingredients in their fridge simply by naming 1-5 ingredients in the search, e.g., “garlic lemon mushroom”, or “leftover chicken”.
With the new Google Toolbar custom search button, anyone can find recipes with comments and ratings simply by typing the recipe name into their Google Toolbar window and pressing the BigOven stove icon.
“BigOven has just made it easier for anyone with the Google Toolbar to quickly find what to make for dinner” said Steve Murch, founder and CEO of Lakefront Software, Inc., publisher of BigOven.
To install the IE BigOven recipe search button, simply visit http://www.bigoven.com and click on the “Google Toolbar Custom Search” link in the lower left corner.
In addition, BigOven for Windows, an award-winning recipe management application for Windows PC’s, lets people organize and share their recipe collection:
- Recipe tagging: People can work together to tag recipes with keywords like “spicy”, “grill”, “low-carb”, any way they choose.
- Cooks can create meal plans and grocery lists simply by dragging and dropping recipe cards
- Recipe sharing: Recipes can be posted to the online recipe archive, shared with cooks around the world, who can try out then rate the recipe
- Recipe photo sharing: Photos can be posted for any given recipe, and imported into the award-winning BigOven for Windows recipe software with a single click of the mouse.
- AJAX search-as-you-type: Recipes can be quickly found by title or ingredient as you type. For instance, see http://www.bigoven.com/find.aspx
- Leftover Wizard: Simply type up to three ingredients in your refrigerator or pantry, and BigOven instantly tells you what you can make. See http://www.bigoven.com/leftoverwizard.aspx
With the new Windows Mobile Companion, cooks can mark recipes “Try Soon” or “Favorite” from any web browser (not necessarily even the one with the PDA attached). Then, at some later point of their choosing, they can take the PDA and tell it to fetch all the “Try Soon” or “Favorite” recipes they’ve previously marked. This is particularly handy at the end of a long workday -- simply take your PDA to any wi-fi-capable location, select “Download my Try Soon list”, and all the recipes you’ve previously marked as Try Soon are downloaded to your PDA. Windows Mobile users can install the companion “Over the Air” (OTA) simply by navigating to http://www.bigoven.com from their Windows Mobile devices and tapping on the download link.
Since its first release in February 2004, BigOven has received 5/5 stars from more than twenty five consecutive independent reviews, including the highest possible honors at C|NET, Tucows, Softpicks.net, Sofotex, Global Shareware, Amazon.com, PC World TopPicks.net and Promaxum. BigOven also received mention as Pick of the Day by USAToday.com and ZDNet. BigOven earned a “Top 15 Downloads of 2005” designation from PCWorld online, as well as the Windows User Group Networks (WUGNET's) coveted "Hall of Fame" and "Pick of the Week" designations, awarded to less than 2% of all applications they review.
Requirements and Availbility
BigOven for Windows requires a PC with Microsoft Windows® 98 / 98SE / 2000 / NT / XP and 15 Mb of memory. The Palm OS BigOven Recipe Companion requires PalmOS version 3.0 or higher. The BigOven Windows Mobile Companion requires a Windows Mobile Pocket PC with the .NET Compact Framework installed, and 1Mb of free memory. Download a free 30-day trial at http://www.bigoven.com.
# # #