Sherman Oaks, CA (PRWEB) February 28, 2006
"With the influx of broadband into homes it seems that everyone wants to wire the house and have their own home network allowing access to the Internet and other devices. Unfortunately with the proliferation of viruses and security flaws in many programs and operating systems you must become an individual actively managing your environment or you will suffer the consequences. That is why I started the HomeNetworkHelp.Info podcast and website. I just cannot stand by and watch people continue to have an unsafe home networking and computer environment," remarked Home Network and Computer Help Podcast ( http://www.HomeNetworkHelp.Info/ ) host Christiaan Stoudt, a Technical Support Lead for one of the largest companies in America and with 22+ years of computer experience.
Drawing on his extensive computer experience and customer service focused skills, Christiaan started his podcast in January 2005 and has grown HomeNetworkHelp.Info into one of the most popular computer and network help podcasts around. His 30 minute or less weekly show, available to anyone free of charge, covers a wide range of topics for all skills levels and makes sure that clear concise language is used so that each show completely covers that weeks topic.
Here are some of the past show topics:
- Parent Resources on Protecting Children and Family Online.
- MythTV (Tivo/DVR) - Building, Setup, and Configuration.
- Safe and Easy Data Backup and System Protection.
- Buying a New Computer on a Budget.
- Secure Network Setup - Layered Approach.
- How To Protect Your Important Documents and Possessions.
- 7 Computer Security Tips For Students.
- 10 Tips For Improving Your Wireless Network.
- Building and Securing a Linux Server.
- 7 Tips To Manage Your Files Better.
- How To Reformat Your PC.
- Be Your Own 007 and Beat SpyWare!
Why would Christiaan want to give away this extremely valuable content? "Too many people are scared off by computers at home because they think it has to be complicated," he says. "I wanted to prove that any person can implement easy, effective, and low or even no-cost solutions that really work. People love gadgets and technology at home. Well, I want to be the one to help them get the most out of that technology."
Here are what some of his listeners have thought about the podcast:
- "Absolutely brilliant! Christiaan Stoudt brings order to the land of confusion along with a bright glimmering ray of hope when all else has failed in the realm of unanswered computer technology questions. An un-canning wealth of priceless information is produced weekly."
- "Home Networking news, tips and trick...in a podcast! Christiaan Stoudt does a great job with this podcast on home networking. Recommended for newbies like me but not limited to us either. Very informative."
- "The web site is terrific! I had a problem with my home network and within a few e-mails of descriptions and things to check I was up and running within 24hrs. The steps given to me to correct the problem were explained in simple terms and easy to follow. I would suggest this site to anyone experiencing home network configuration issues. Just outstanding service!"
- "Extremely Helpful - Christiaan has been providing all of the information that I need to establish and maintain my home network. With the help of Christiaan and his podcast, I now have a good understanding of how to protect my computer from viruses, spyware, and other malicious threats."
- "Great show - I am an IT professional, and the great thing about Christiaan's show is its structured & organized approach to home network maintenance."
Parents, students, the IT Geek, the computer beginner, young or old, or anyone interested in learning more about creating, managing, or securing their home network and computer environment are encouraged to subscribe for free to the Home Network and Computer Help Podcast. This can be done by visiting http://www.HomeNetworkHelp.Info and subscribing using the free iTunes software or another RSS podcast aggregator.
About the Home Network and Computer Help Podcast.
HomeNetworkHelp.Info podcast and website has grown to become one of the leading sites delivering simple, concise, and easy to follow tips, tricks, and tutorials for all users of any device on the home network.
The show is hosted and produced by Christiaan Stoudt and is based out of Sherman Oaks, CA. Christiaan brings an unique simple stepped approach to everything related to your home network. HomeNetworkHelp.Info website and podcast is focused on creating, managing, and securing everything related to your home network, devices, and computers. Includes tips and tricks, listener submitted questions, equipment reviews, news, etc., for all your home technology needs. Due to the nature of podcasting, HomeNetworkHelp.Info has a global audience with subscribers from many places across the globe like Australia, Finland, Poland, and Japan to name but a few.
More information can be found at: http://www.HomeNetworkHelp.Info/
There are multiple ways to receive the Home Network and Computer Help podcast:
- Subscribe via a podcatcher such as Juice ( paste this link into your aggregator ):
- Subscribe via iTunes ( search for "HomeNetworkHelp.Info" ):
- Subscribe via MyYahoo:
- Or, if you want to just download one show at a time by going to: