Dublin (PRWEB) March 6, 2006
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/reports/c33896) has announced the addition of UK IFAs 2005 to their offering/
Depolarization legislation, the introduction of new products, changing consumer preferences and consolidation are having a major impact on IFA firms. The author conducted in-depth interviews with leading figures in the industry to gather unique insight into the strategies of the key players and the probable future shape of the market.
Scope of this title:
- Historic data from the ABI and IMA is given to size the UK market and its key distribution channels, plus our forecasts to 2009
- Five product categories are examined: single and regular premium life, single and regular premium pensions and retail sales of unit trusts and OEICs
- 2005 Matrix-Data is used to give detailed information on the shape of the IFA landscape from a total market and an individual competitor point of view
- The analysis is underpinned by in-depth interviews with a number of senior executives from both the distribution and provider sides of the market
Highlights of this title:
Despite fears about the potential rise of bancassurers, IFAs remain by the far the most important distribution channel for life and pensions products in the UK. While the total value of life and pensions premiums has fluctuated significantly during the past five years, the share of the market attributable to IFAs has remained above 63% since 2001.
There have been mixed reactions to depolarization and its potential opportunities among the UK IFA community. However, the overall impression is that so far, the regulatory change has had minimal impact on the business models of UK IFA firms, with a limited number of shifts either from independence to multi-tie or indeed tied to multi-tie.
We forecast that by 2009 25% of the total life and pensions market will be operating as a multi-ti with, 22% of that made up of multi-tie financial advisors and 3% of multi-tie bancassurance.
Reasons to order your copy:
- Use this and competitor opinion to gain an insight into the key areas of the market at this critical period of change and strategic development
- Identify the market opportunities and pressures that are currently impacting this distribution channel
- Understand how the IFA and multi-tie markets may develop over the next five years
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/reports/c33896 Datamonitor
Research and Markets
Fax: +353 1 4100 980
# # #