Get in Their Shoes Campaign
New York, NY and Provo, UT (PRWEB) March 3, 2006
Some of the most successful professionals in the world have donated a pair of their actual shoes and a 30-minute phone mentorship to be auctioned-off this weekend on eBay, as part of an innovative and inspired marketing campaign created by the founders of the International Mentoring Network Organization, (IMNO).
The "Get in Their Shoes Campaign" is a call-to-action by successful business leaders, athletes, entertainers, and politicians to rally youth and aspiring leaders to lift themselves out of their limiting circumstances by proactively interviewing successful professionals within their own communities.
This week (ending Sunday), the Get in Their Shoes Campaign is auctioning off one-on-one interview opportunities with the following individuals on eBay:
1) Stephen R. Covey, author of The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. The winner will also get the actual loafers he wore while writing his books.
2) Stan Lee, creator of Spiderman, the Incredible Hulk, and the Fantastic Four. The winner will also get the actual shoes he wore when writing and getting inspiration.
3) Daniel Libeskind, architect for the reconstruction of the World Trade Center Site in New York. The winner will also get his actual signature boots.
4) John Dykstra, Academy Award winner for visual effects in Star Wars. The winner will also get the actual shoes John wore when working on Spiderman II.
5) David Ulrich, rated the #1 Management Educator by Businessweek. The winner will get to walk in the shoes of the top rates business consultant in the world.
6) Douglas Rushkoff, international best-selling author of Innovation from the Inside Out. The winner will get an autographed first gallery pass of his new book "ScreenAgers".
7) Rudy Ruettiger, autographed Football Jersey.
To find these auctions on eBay, type Get in Their Shoes into the eBay search box.
The International Mentoring Network Organization (IMNO) began when three Brigham Young University students, Jetmir Hysi, Chris Deaver, and Patrick Tedjamulia, started looking for ideal mentors. As a result, they discovered an opportunity for young aspiring professionals everywhere to develop themselves in proactive, powerful ways. By interviewing successful, established professionals, as a member of IMNO, they found that the traditional job interview process was turned upside-down, as the job seeker quickly became the successful professional by learning from the best.
You can listen to a free podcast with IMNO co-founder Patrick Tedjamulia on the popular career advice internet radio show, Landed.fm with Landed Radio's producer and host, Peter Clayton.
About Landed Radio:
Started by Peter Clayton, senior strategist, writer/director with Mountain View Group, Landed Radio is a virtual "career empowerment service," using on-demand Internet radio, podcasting, and the Landed Radio website to help high-potential professionals succeed in their career aspirations. Every week, Landed Radio presents in-depth interviews with senior executives, best-selling authors, change agents and leading experts in career management, human resources, executive search, networking skills, and employment trends.
About the IMNO Founders:
Jetmir Hysi has experience with programming ASP, PHP, XML, Flash, etc… He has worked as a Systems Administrator for the Brigham Young University and most recently worked in a strategic web development research team at BYU Continuing Education.
Chris Deaver graduated from Brigham Young University with a degree in Art, and has worked in the publishing and marketing industries. He is author of the book "Know Before You Go", and enjoys teaching, drawing cartoons, starting businesses, and searching for successful mentors. He has helped in the creative development, marketing, and PR efforts for "Get in Their Shoes" campaign.
Patrick Tedjamulia has international business, marketing, and management experience. He has worked in product management and marketing roles for Novell Inc. Patrick was influential in launching Novell's Linux certifications to the worldwide open source community. He received his BS from BYU in Management Information Systems and attended an Executive Education course on branding at the Kellogg School of Management. He currently works at Altiris Inc. as the global marketing manager for the alliance with Dell Inc.