Cordova, TN (PRWEB) March 9, 2006
An emailed story, confirmed as true via hoax-slayer, sparks other microwave users to scramble for a way to eliminate scars.
A 26-year old man, after deciding to have a cup of coffee, took a cup of water and put it in the microwave to heat it up (something that he had done numerous times before). He set the timer, to boil his water, and then removed his cup from microwave after the beep. As he looked into the cup, he noted that the water was not boiling. Suddenly the water in the cup "blew up" into his face. The cup remained intact until he threw it out of his hand, but all the water had flown out into his face due to the build up of energy. His whole face is blistered and he has 1st and 2nd degree burns to his face which may leave scarring.
General Electric responded, “The e-mail that you received is correct. Microwaved water and other liquids do not always bubble when they reach the boiling point. They can actually get superheated and not bubble at all. The superheated liquid will bubble up out of the cup when it is moved or when something like a spoon or tea bag is put into it.”
Now millions of microwave users, many suffering burns and branded for a lifetime with scars, are cyber searching for the best way to eliminate their scars. The options at current for scar removal are painful and expensive injections of harmful steroids or cortisone, expensive laser surgery — literally burning your scars off with a laser, or a natural product which is produced under the strict guidelines of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s Good Manufacturing Practices.
According to one company in Memphis, TN, Selmedica Healthcare offers a new treatment, Episyl, for getting rid of scars, be it from a microwave or surgery.
For more information on scar facts or scar treatments, visit http://www.episyl.com/