Professionals who write blogs for the communities they are a part of put forth a great deal of effort to share their unique knowledge and perspectives
Scottsdale, AZ (PRWEB) March 9, 2006
ITtoolbox, the online community enabling professional IT knowledge sharing, announced today the results of the first annual IT Community Choice Awards.
Thousands of professionals from the IT community nominated, voted for, and discussed their favorite authors and entries from the ITtoolbox Blogs program, the focus of the inaugural awards. Winners were selected from among more than 150 eligible blogs written by technology executives, industry speakers, and IT gurus chronicling their first-hand experiences from the IT front line.
The winners of the IT Community Choice Awards, hosted by ITtoolbox, were as follows:
- Best Blog: "A Day in the Life of an Information Security Investigator" by SecurityMonkey, Information Security Investigator, http://Blogs.ITtoolbox.com/Security/Investigator
- Best New Blog: "An Expert’s Guide to DB2 Technology" by Chris Eaton, Senior Product Manager, IBM, http://Blogs.ITtoolbox.com/Database/Technology
- Best Executive Blog: "Not All Managers Have Pointy Hair: A CEO's Guide to Understanding Management" by Mike McDonald, CEO, Visual Mining, http://Blogs.ITtoolbox.com/PM/Management
- Best Technical Blog: "Getting the Most out of DB2 for z/OS" by Willie Favero, Senior Certified IT Software Specialist and DB2 Specialty Sales Representative, IBM, http://Blogs.ITtoolbox.com/Database/DB2zOS
- Best Blog Entry: "Arrest Me! I Know The Password!" by SecurityMonkey, Information Security Investigator, http://Blogs.ITtoolbox.com/Security/Investigator
- Ironman Award (most posts in 2005): "Observations from a Tech Architect: Enterprise Implementation Issues & Solutions" by Sophos, Enterprise Architect, http://Blogs.ITtoolbox.com/EAI/Implementation
SecurityMonkey, the nom de plume for an information security investigator and consultant who investigates computer crime for businesses and government agencies, commented on being awarded top honors in the IT Community Choice Awards: "I was honored to be the first ITtoolbox blog author two and a half years ago, and I am humbled today by this award from my readers and listeners. I am very thankful for having the opportunity to share my experiences through my blog and podcast with the ITtoolbox community."
"Professionals who write blogs for the communities they are a part of put forth a great deal of effort to share their unique knowledge and perspectives," said Dan Morrison, ITtoolbox CEO and co-founder. "We wanted to give community members a way to voice appreciation for their favorite blog authors. The community nominated a list of exceptional blogs, and the quality and usefulness of blogs published by this year’s winning authors speaks for itself."
The complete results of the IT Community Choice Awards are available online at http://Blogs.ITtoolbox.com/Awards/2006
ITtoolbox is an online community, enabling peers to share professional knowledge about information technology. Since 1998, ITtoolbox has helped professionals make IT decisions and stay current in the rapidly changing IT market through peer collaboration. The ITtoolbox platform incorporates blogs, discussion groups, and a wiki, facilitating targeted community interaction that IT advertisers can participate in through a proprietary contextual matching system. This combination of community and advertising value has made ITtoolbox a leading destination for professionals and a leader in online advertising, performing for over 520 clients including Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, Dell, and HP.
# # #