Kenton, TN (PRWEB) March 9, 2006
Six authors will be available at the largest booksigning ever held at the Mid-America Trucking Show (MATS), according to Toby Young, VP of Operations. MATS, the largest truck show in the world, will be staged at the Kentucky Fair & Exposition Center, Louisville, Kentucky, March 23-25, 2006, http://www.truckingshow.com
Sponsored at MATS by American Graphics Group, Booth # 6057, West Wing; authors include:
- Gary Bricken, author of Three Arm Truckin’ and Other tales of the Highway;
- Dave Madill, author of Reflections Thru My Windshield Part 1;
- Randy Stark, author of Simpatico Patio;
- Robin Stears, author of Me and You and a Truck Named Blue;
- Tim Brady, author of Driven 4 Profits and other trucking business books; co-author of Twilight’s Last Gleaming;
- Terri Jenkins-Brady, coauthor of Twilight’s Last Gleaming, Romancing the Road : A slice of trucking life with a romantic turn.
Authors are showcased by their publisher, Write Up The Road Publishing, and will be available in the booth to autograph copies of their books and talk to readers. An on-air Authors’ Roundtable discussion on Sirius Satellite Radio Truckers’ Network is scheduled for Thursday, March 23, 4-4:30 p.m. and an Author’s Press Conference is set for Friday, March 24, at 11:30 a.m. to noon, at the show booth. Present will be:
- Gary Bricken’s book, Three Arm Truckin’ and Other tales of the Highway is his first short story collection. Bricken, a trucker himself for many years, feels “Trucking is not a job; it is a lifestyle that once experienced is never forgotten. … If you see yourself in one of the stories that is coincidental of course, but if you don't see yourself in any of the tales that would be coincidental too. Read them, reflect on them on long night runs, and pass them along to friends and loved ones that they may better understand why we do what we do.”
- Dave Madill’s Reflections Thru My Windshield Part 1 is his first collection of poetry which shows the experiences of someone who’s seen more places and more miles than most people have ever dreamed about -- he’s walked the slums of our cities and the tops of mountains and everywhere in between. Madill is a long-haul Canadian trucker who’s been on the road for over 25 years. An outdoorsman with a love of nature and former serviceman, most of all he’s a father, grandfather and a husband. If a road goes there, Dave’s been there -- and he’s been many places where there were no roads.
- Randy Stark’s Simpatico Patio! is his first collection of Stand Up Poetry, the new, edgy modern poetry in America which attracts people who don’t ordinarily read poetry. Stark’s sojourns and settlings have taken him from Chicago to the American high desert to an architecturally-significant gas station in Venice, California: all of which add sidewalk reality to his writings. His fiction and essays have been published in many venues within the United States and Canada, and his poetry book is already enjoying international sales.
- Robin Stears’ second novel, Me and You and a Truck Named Blue is the story of a lady trucker and her love affair with the highway. The first book in Stears’ series, it explores the real life of a truck driver and her partner. “I watched some truck driving movies while I was researching this book,” said Robin Stears. “Truckers are either shown as do-gooders traveling around the country righting injustice everywhere, or maniacs who terrorize hapless motorists. Neither of those is true—truck drivers are simply hard-working people who are trying to make a living.”
- Tim Brady is author and coauthor of the best-selling trucking business books in America, including Driven 4 Profit$ ; Gearing Up 4 Profit$ , and Quick and Simple Recordkeeping for Owner/Operators. He’s also the Trucker’s Business Advisor for Sirius Satellite Radio Truckers’ Network and The Trucker’s Consultant. Brady believes every Owner/Operator on the highway can and should run his truck like a small business, utilizing basic accounting techniques and tax-savvy deductions. He’s also coauthor of two trucking novels.
- Terri Jenkins-Brady is coauthor of Twilight’s Last Gleaming, a thriller-suspense novel about truckers battling al-Qaeda terrorists on American soil. Based on real-life news stories and headlines, the book is the first in its Spangled Banner Series. She’s also coauthor of Romancing the Road : A slice of trucking life with a romantic turn. The sequel, Painting the Road : A slice of trucking life with an artistic bend, will be in print later this year.
Write Up The Road Publishing will also display one of the bestselling trucking joke books in America, You Know You’re Married To A Trucker When…, by Miles and Nadine Wheeler. More trucking business books and others will be displayed and available for order. Write Up The Road Publishing is the only independent book publisher in America with trucking as its focus: Books Written for Truckers, by Truckers. Write Up The Road books are distributed through Ingram to bookstores nationwide and overseas.
# # #