Port St Lucie, Florida (PRWEB) March 13, 2006
Brian Sharkey, of Brian Sharkey Real Estate, has introduced the inaugural edition of his St. Lucie Area Real Estate Market Report, called the “The Sharkey 2006 Treasure Coast Prediction” and his “Know the Market” Blog. Their purpose is to provide relevant real estate information for local area residents, as well as for home buyers from out-of-town (whether they be snowbirds from the Northeast or Midwest, or those escaping the sometimes hectic Broward and Palm Beach County lifestyle).
Sharkey, a full-time agent with Real Living Castles Realty, lives in the Lakes of Tradition neighborhood with his wife Tracy, and their young daughter, Taylor. “My overriding commitment to buyers and sellers, and to the community,” says Sharkey, “is to do whatever it takes to truly know the market. If those I work with don’t know the market, they can’t benefit from it.”
Some excerpts from Sharkey’s 2006 Predictor:
- "My prediction is for the St. Lucie real estate market, as a whole, to continue to see an additional five to ten percent appreciation in home prices during 2006. Some of our communities, most notably along I-95, in the emerging job corridor between St. Lucie West Boulevard to the Martin County line, will be especially hot. St. Lucie West, Tradition, and Tesoro will lead the pack. However, homes in older neighborhoods will continue to appreciate, particularly single family homes on larger lots.”
- "One of my strongest suggestions for any homeowner is to offer and promote the upgrades that truly differentiate a home when it's put up for sale. Granite counter tops, high-quality molding throughout, stainless steel appliances, professional outdoor lighting and landscaping, media rooms, home offices, front porches, Mediterranean-inspired decorating…these are not "extras" anymore; these are the upgrades that will take a home off the market fast."
Taken together, Sharkey’s 2006 Predictor and Blog provide three key benefits:
1) They present readers with a precise, quick overview of the real estate conditions in the St. Lucie area and acquaint readers with the factors and real estate trends affecting home sales in the South Central Florida market.
2) They give statistics on home prices for the specific communities that comprise the greater St. Lucie area, as well as local information not readily available in other places (such as For Sale By Owner – FSBO – sales statistics).
3) They offer suggestions about how readers can benefit financially from information contained in the Prediction, and in the Blog (its ongoing communication vehicle).
“I want the Blog (http://www.briansharkeyrealestate.com/blog/blog) to become the place that people turn to for St Lucie real estate information because it’s so fresh and on target. I want to build an online give-and-take, a lively forum, for discussion on real issues, seeped in the reality of the market. If I can accomplish that, I’ll feel that I’ve succeeded.” In addition to his yearly Predictor, Sharkey will be providing Monthly Reviews – assessing the areas where his Predictor held true, those where it did not, and why. He’ll also be posting frequent (often daily) musings, observations, and light-hearted commentary on the Blog, sharing information as it happens.
Sharkey emphasizes: “My approach is to offer customized solutions for individual people – not some cookie-cutter, programmed real estate response. I use whatever I can get my hands on – including the latest technology – to help people.” Sharkey specializes in properties in Tradition, Florida, though he is active in the whole Treasure Coast real estate market, including all of St Lucie County and Martin County, Florida. The Sharkey Predictor can be found online at: http://www.briansharkeyrealestate.com/blog.
Public/Media event – Brian Sharkey will be delivering his 2006 Florida Treasure Coast Prediction in person on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 at 6:00 PM at the Springhill Suites Port St. Lucie, 2000 NW Courtyard Circle. All are invited to attend; seating is limited to 50. Call for reservations at (772) 579-1981.