AUSTIN, Texas (PRWEB) March 17, 2006
MusicIP, the first global music relationship engine, today announced that 15 music industry leaders have joined the MusicIP partner program, enhancing technology and solutions available to consumers, artists and enterprises. The diversity of MusicIP’s technology platform accounts for the variety of partnerships announced today. The partnerships provide strong validation for the newly launched company and the industry’s desire for a solution that more effectively connects consumers, artists and enterprises.
The new partners include:
- AOL has deployed MusicIP's MusicDNS™ service and MusicIP's Acoustic Discovery Framework for global use in Winamp, one of the most popular media players in the world with nearly 52 million unique monthly visitors worldwide according to comScore Media Metrix, January 2006. The technology offers Winamp users the benefits of instant-playlists and new-music discoveries.
- BigChampagne and MusicIP have established a strategic alliance in which MusicIP provides anonymous data to BigChampagne, allowing the technology and market research company to turn that data into industry actionable wisdom.
- Creative Commons, a nonprofit organization that promotes the creative re-use of intellectual and artistic works, will work with MusicIP to provide a layer of copyright enforcement within the MusicIP ListenerLink™ service, allowing for music makers to expose their music to listeners in a highly targeted fashion.
- FIQL, an online music community, partnered with MusicIP to expose community members to more playlists. Music fans using MusicIP Mixer™ can post playlists directly to FIQL.com and fans can import any playlist they see on FIQL directly into MusicIP Mixer™.
- MusicBrainz, a user-maintained music encyclopedia, partnered with MusicIP to provide Open Source, Open Data music identification.
- Magnatune, an independent, online record label, partnered with MusicIP to better analyze their music collection, as well as to provide an avenue for their artists to be discovered.
- ElatinMusic, the premier Web site for Latin music, is incorporating MusicIP’s MusicDNS™ service to identify the master recording of each song of their vast catalog. The partnership also includes bundling the MusicIP Mixer™ into ElatinMusic’s Web site.
- Boombang, a product business design firm, has developed a deep understanding of the MusicIP technology platform, which gives them a unique value-add in their design work with consumer electronics and interface partners.
- Waterloo Records, one of the country’s most revered music stores, partnered with MusicIP to drive highly targeted buyer traffic from both Web and desktop applications with the BuyHear program. Waterloo is an affiliate of the BuyHear program.
- Hungama Mobile, the largest collection of Bollywood music, licensed MusicDNS™ and bundling MusicIP Mixer™ to provide stronger connections to between their audiences.
- U3, a software platform company that transforms USB flash drives from simple storage devices into U3 smart drives, bundled the MusicIP Mixer™ into their existing technology to provide a solution to better manage, enjoy and grow digital music libraries on their smart drives.
- .Songs, aims to revolutionize the online ‘professional song placement’ market. .Songs utilizes MusicIP’s fingerprinting and acoustic discovery Open Fingerprint ™ technology to expand its song catalog and drive their business.
- StreamCast Networks, Inc., developers and distributors of the popular Morpheus file-sharing and search software, is incorporating Music IP's web-based Acoustic Discovery Framework, allowing millions of Morpheus users to discover music they would otherwise never find.
- MusicToDigital.com, which converts compact disk music collections into digital format, licensed MusicIP’s MusicDNS™ service and is helping customers better manage, enjoy and grow their digital music libraries by bundling the MusicIP Mixer™ within their service.
- Applian Technology Inc. provides software solutions that turn PCs into streaming media recorders. Applian Technologies Inc. will enhance the company’s online media recording tools, including a soon to be released tag fixing product, by incorporating MusicIP’s MusicDNS™ service and bundling the MusicIP Mixer™.
Known as the Global Music Relationship Engine, MusicIP is the axis of the digital-music technology ecosystem with scalable services and products for every major industry niche. Founded in 2000, MusicIP provides revolutionary solutions that connect listeners, artists and enterprises. In addition to the low-cost Music Digital Name Service (MusicDNS) and patented Acoustic Discovery Framework, MusicIP's language-independent technologies include: the free MusicIP Mixer application for consumers to rediscover their own collections and discover new music; MusicIP's ListenerLink service which connects musicians directly to new fans worldwide; and a variety of services for music enterprises that connect, personalize and expose more music to more customers. For more information, visit http://www.musicip.com.
# # #