(PRWEB) March 24, 2006
Vancouver, Canada, March 24th, 2006 - PDFTron Systems, a leading software developer specializing in PDF, SVG, and PostScript technologies, announced the release of a new major version of PDFTron PDF2SVG, a stand-alone command-line application for high-quality conversion of PDF to SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) that maintains the original document layout and preserves hyperlinks, colors and fonts.
The new release of PDF2SVG features a completely revamped conversion engine that generates smaller and more efficient SVG output, while significantly improving the conversion speed. The new version also features options to generate bitmap thumbnails and a high-level XML summary, both of which are extremely useful in web publishing (i.e. e-Books, brochures and catalogues), as well as document repurposing, archiving, etc.
The new release also introduces support for the Mac OSX® platform, providing Mac OSX® users with the same range of features and options for PDF to SVG conversion already available to Windows® and Linux® users.
Other enhancements include bug fixes and other improvements, such as automatic repair of files with broken cross reference tables and a new configuration file for frequently used options.
Key Features of PDF2SVG:
- High quality conversion from PDF (Portable Document Format) to SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) that maintains the original document layout and preserves hyperlinks, colors and fonts.
- Compression and SVG optimization to produce smaller files.
- Generation of stand-alone SVG files (i.e. SVG files with embedded resources) as well as for SVG files with shared resources.
- Thumbnail generation.
- All text is converted to Unicode dramatically simplifying text manipulation, editing, and searching.
- Font embedding and font substitution options.
- Option to extract document-level information with no counterpart in SVG (e.g. metadata, bookmarks, annotations, etc).
- Batch conversion: convert single files or whole PDF repositories in batch mode.
- Efficiency: The conversion speed is suitable for interactive and dynamic applications.
PDF2SVG is also available as a library component (PDF2SVG SDK) providing software developers with a powerful toolkit that can be used as a building block for other client and server-based applications. The core technology is available for C, C++, C#, Java, VB, and others.
Availability of PDFTron PDF2SVG
The PDF2SVG Command-Line application is available for US $549 per CPU and can be purchased directly online at: http://www.pdftron.com/store.html. Evaluation versions are available for download at: http://www.pdftron.com/downloads.html.
For full details on PDF2SVG or on licensing PDF2SVG SDK, please visit http://www.pdftron.com/pdf2svg.
About PDFTron Systems
PDFTron Systems are experts in PDF (Portable Document Format), SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) and PostScript. Our mission is to empower our customers with useful and innovative tools that can streamline their graphics workflows. As the makers of PDFNet, PDF PageMaster, PDFSecure, CosEdit, PDF2SVG and PDF2Image, PDFTron Systems provides high-quality, competitively priced developer libraries and components to clients in various industries worldwide. PDFTron Systems’ services include consulting, planning, design, and development of customer specific solutions. For more information, please visit http://www.pdftron.com.