Ocoee, FL (PRWEB) March 27, 2006
BattleStock.com is a Virtual Stock Exchange (a.k.a. Fantasy Stock Market) with a twist. Starting March 25, 2006 BattleStock.com will begin offering virtual stock competitions in which the users pay an entry fee and compete to win money. This great new feature will give users the opportunity to put their investing skills to use and potentially earn a much greater return on investment than they would ever be able to realize in the real stock market.
At first, BattleStock will create a small amount of preset cash competitions to maximize the greatest number of users in these competitions (i.e. the more users, the bigger the payout). Once BattleStock determines there are enough users competing in cash competitions then users will be able to create their own cash stock competitions. Users will be able to select entry fees starting from $5 and going all the way to $5000 (Of course as always free competitions can also be created). Cash battles will have one of four possible payout schemes which will determine how the money is paid out at the end of the battle. The winning order is based on the final balance of each player’s virtual portfolio at the completion of the battle.
- Winner Takes All – This is just as it states, the winner gets the whole pot.
- Top 3 – Only the top 3 players receive a payout with this format. Player 1 receives 50% of the pot, Player 2 gets 30% and Player 3 gets 20%.
- Aggressive – In this format all players will receive a payout that is based on an exponential graph so the payout drops off rapidly with the top of the ladder receiving most of the pot.
- Standard – As in the Aggressive payout scheme all players also receive a payout with Standard payout. However, it is based on a linear graph so the payouts are closer together as you step down the winning positions.
For examples of these payout schemes visit http://www.battlestock.com/sample_payouts.php
Recent upgrades to the site include the following:
- Late Joiners – Select this option when creating your battle if you want other players to be able to join the battle after it has begun.
- Stock Splits – BattleStock.com now handles stock splits automatically.
- Symbol Name Change – BattleStock.com has created a tool to search for stock symbols that have changed and updates the database.
BattleStock.com is working hard to become the premier virtual stock exchange on the web and is excited to rollout this ground breaking feature. Join our fast growing community of virtual investors and start competing in virtual competitions within minutes. Visit us at http://www.battlestock.com today.
# # #