Norwalk, CN (PRWEB) March 27, 2006
As the calendar moves towards April 15th, the tax-filing cut-off date, AP9 PrivacyMatters123, a leading security and privacy membership program offered by [Adaptive Marketing LLC, provides handy filing tips for filers from coast to coast.
Every year, millions of Americans hurry to get their tax returns completed on time. Hindered by new tax laws, questions about deductions and other worries, for many tax filers, it’s no wonder why thousands wait until the very last minute to file. If the thought of preparing your own taxes makes your head spin, there are plenty of people out there that do it for a living. Before handing over the job -- and personal information -- to a complete stranger, make sure to do a little background check on them and the firm they work for. If your taxes are really complicated, you might want to find someone a little more “seasoned” than the “seasonal” tax preparer.
As the tax deadline draws nearer, AP9 PrivacyMatters123 offers useful tips for those taxpayers who are planning tackle their own 2005 tax preparations:
- If you are comfortable with doing so, file your 2005 federal tax return electronically -- it’s free, accurate, secure and quicker than waiting in the lines at the post office on April 15, plus e-filers usually get their refunds sooner than paper filers. Check the IRS.gov website for details.
- Look for “hidden” deductions and credits — child credit, child- and dependent-care credit, adoption expenses, IRA contributions, alimony, pension plan deductions, interest on student loans, mortgage-refinancing points, college tuition deduction and more.
- Check into no-cost, IRS-sponsored, volunteer tax return preparation services like the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program and the Tax Counseling for the Elderly Program. Type “Community Network” into the keyword search on the IRS.gov home page to learn more.
- It may seem like stating the obvious, but make sure to enter all required Social Security numbers on your return, and be sure to sign and date your return. When filing a joint return, remember that both spouses must sign it.
- An important reminder to all: While there is no late filing penalty on a refund return, you generally lose the right to that refund if you fail to claim it within three years of the filing deadline.
Tax season is also a good reminder for members of AP9 PrivacyMatters123 to order an updated credit report from all three credit bureaus. Simply visit [PrivacyMatters.com to find out what is on your credit file. Unlimited, online credit reports and credit monitoring are just a couple of the security and protection benefits offered by AP9 PrivacyMatters123.
About AP9 PrivacyMatters123
AP9 PrivacyMatters123 is a leading security and privacy membership program offered by Adaptive Marketing LLC. Headquartered in Norwalk, Conn., Adaptive Marketing is a category leader in both membership and loyalty programs, bringing value direct to consumers through an array of benefits in healthcare, discounts, security, personal property and personals. Members may access their benefits at PrivacyMatters.com. With broad online and offline distribution capabilities, Adaptive Marketing offers its corporate client partners effective tools to enhance market presence, strengthen customer affinity and generate additional value through programs such as AP9 PrivacyMatters123.