(PRWEB) March 27, 2006
Bigmouthmedia, the leading full search agency, has been selected to drive search engine traffic to, and increase brand awareness of, Comic Relief's http://www.sportrelief.com site in the run-up to Sport Relief 2006 in July.
The focal part of this year's Sport Relief event will be the Sainsbury's Sport Relief Mile, the largest event of its kind in Europe. A major, integrated, two-month marketing and media campaign will kick off in May and culminate in 15 national, and up to 200 local, Sainsbury's Sport Relief Mile events on July 15. Sport Relief enjoys exceptional brand awareness (92% prompted after two campaigns) and is unique in its inclusive nature.
It's the third time that bigmouthmedia have been involved in Sport Relief, having previously implemented search engine optimisation and supported the marketing campaigns for Sport Relief 2002 and Sport Relief 2004. The SR '04 campaign resulted in more than 60 million hits to sportrelief.com. Bigmouthmedia are also the Search Marketing partner for Comic Relief's Red Nose Day campaigns.
For Sport Relief 2006, bigmouthmedia will implement a widespread Organic SEO campaign to drive partners and participants to the Sport Relief site in the run-up to the event.
Speaking about the 2005 Red Nose Day Search Marketing campaign, Martin Gill from Comic Relief said "The success is down to the efforts of the bigmouthmedia team and we hugely appreciate all that they did for us. Where would we be without them? Well - certainly not at the top of every search engine across the board."
Notes to Editor:
Bigmouthmedia is a leading Full Search Marketing agency, working with major brands including MTV, Sony Ericsson, Barclays, National Express, Tesco and Early Learning Centre.
- The company offers Organic search marketing as well as Paid Search (PPC) Management services. It has full multilingual capabilities and is active in over 20 languages.
- The 38-strong agency has offices in Edinburgh, London and New York and is headed up by CEO and founding director Steve Leach.
- For the inaugural Sport Relief Mile in 2004, 81,000 people ran, walked or hopped the Mile, raising $16 million.
- In July 2004, the Sport Relief campaign incorporated 14 national and 128 local events, gained $3 million worth of media coverage and involved 253 celebrities (including Princes William and Harry, Sir Steve Redgrave, Keira Knightley, David and Victoria Beckham, Rachel Stevens and the England Football Team).
- Since its launch in 2002, Sport Relief has raised more than $30 million.
- The money raised from Sport Relief will go to help vulnerable people leading tough lives here at home in the UK, and in the poorest countries in the world.
Online Marketing Director
0131 555 4848
# # #