Seattle, WA (PRWEB) March 30, 2006
Casagrande Press is seeking submissions for its forthcoming book Cycling’s Greatest Misadventures. The press is looking for quality nonfiction stories about cycling mishaps, disasters, deaths, comical pranks, crashes, bad judgment calls, misfortune, contest meltdowns, strange injuries, loss of wit, critical conditions, bike trips gone wrong or “non-riding episodes” that surround the cycling experience. The editor seeks well-written stories that tell a good tale, reflect a culture, and develop the depth of the characters involved. Open to writers and riders of any level. Visit http://www.casagrandepress.com to view a similar recent release -- Surfing’s Greatest Misadventures.
What kind of Cycling?
The publisher will take stories that involve riding any kind of bicycle including: racing bikes, road bikes, mountain bikes, bmx bikes, beach cruisers, etc. The press is not taking stories about motorized bikes or motorcycles.
Writers will be paid upon publication, if their story is selected for publication. The press will pay on a per word basis for previously published stories and more for stories that have not previously been published. Writers will retain copyright and ownership of published stories.
The deadline for submission is Sept 30th, 2006
Send email submissions to: casagrandepress @ aol.com
Include the following with email submissions:
1) Your name, phone number and email address should appear on the first page of the story.
2) Include any digital images that you feel might go well with the story -- better to embed these images in your word document, than to send them as separate attachments.
3) Prior publication information should also appear on the first page, i.e., if the story has been published list the name of magazine, volume number, issue number and date.
Postal Mail submissions:
Send mail submissions to:
4316 36th Ave W # C
Seattle, WA 98199-1333
Include the following with your submission:
1) Your address, phone number, and email address should appear on the first page of your story.
2) Prior publication information should also appear on the first page, i.e., if the story has been published list the name of magazine, volume number, issue number and date.
3) Reprints, photocopies, or digital files of any images that go with the story. (Do not send original Photographs or slides)
4) SASE. Include a self-addressed, stamped envelope with your submission. Note: If you would like us to return your manuscript, then include an envelope for us to return it, with the same amount of postage it took to get it to us. If you would rather that we recycle you manuscript, then just include a self addressed, stamped envelope with a first class stamp, so we can let you know whether or not we accepted your piece.
# # #