MINNEAPOLIS, MN, (PRWEB) April 5, 2006 —
MR Instruments, Inc. (MRII), makers of Cheetah Coils™ for 3 Tesla (3T) magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), announces that the Company has given an unrestricted educational grant to support a first of its kind conference:
Advances in 3 Tesla Neuro Imaging :
Transferring Academic Experience to Private Practice Use
June 26 - 28, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
Institute for Medical Studies
Northwest Imaging Forums
Presented by :
Northwest Imaging Forums
Supported in part by an unrestricted educational grant given by:
MR Instruments, Inc.
General Course Description
This exciting three day program is designed to help academic and sophisticated private practice radiologists and technologists understand how 3 Tesla neuro MR imaging has been clinically developed and how to implement cutting edge 3T MR clinical research techniques into the daily application of MRI. This conference will also allow private practice users to network with academic and research users who are currently developing these techniques for the purpose of transitioning their use into the non academic arena. A well balanced faculty of nationally recognized radiologists and other professionals will address a variety of technical and clinical topics (please see program format). Clinical case studies will be presented and discussed throughout the meeting format. There will also be two special manufacturer sessions dealing with Functional MR (fMRI) and Spectroscopy (MRS) allowing you to understand the technical aspects of what is currently commercially available for your imaging facility. The meeting will conclude with a special discussion of the need / validity of a Clinical 3 Tesla Imaging Society
Upon completion of this conference, the participant will be able to:
- Define the global status of 3 Tesla neuro MR technology.
- Discuss general neuro clinical applications of a state-of-the-art 3 Tesla system.
- Define 3 Tesla MR system imaging capabilities and limitations.
- Interpret MR hardware and software differences with regard to clinical applications.
- Analyze the clinical & diagnostic significance of advanced 3T neuro imaging.
- Determine how to integrate a 3 Tesla system into a facility with multiple MR scanners.
- Determine strategic planning and marketing techniques for a high field MR facility.
Who Should Attend
- Physicians utilizing high field MRI technology
- Physicians considering the installation of a 3T MR system
- Physicians who refer patients for high resolution MR imaging
- MRI technologists who work in hospital and other imaging facilities
- Hospital and imaging facility management personnel responsible for MRI
- MRI marketing and education specialists
- Corporate and manufacturer personnel
Physicians : This CME activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and Policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint sponsorship of The Institute for Medical Studies (IMS) and Northwest Imaging Forums (NIF). The Institute for Medical Studies is accredited by the ACCME to provide CME for physicians.
IMS designates this educational activity for a maximum of 20 hours in Category 1 Credit toward the AMA Physician¹s Recognition Award. Each physician participant should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity. Attendance certificates will be issued and mailed by NIF.
Technologists : This program has been submitted for approval of 20 hours of Category A CE credit (evidence of continuing education) by the American Society of Radiologic Technologists (ASRT). Guidelines approved by the ASRT for verifying technologist attendance for each lecture will be followed and a certificate of attendance will be issued by Northwest Imaging Forums and will be mailed after the course.
Program Topics : all relate to 3 Tesla Imaging
- General Neuro Imaging? - Hardware and Coil Issues? - Perfusion Imaging? - Spectroscopy (MRS)
- Functional MRI (fMRi)
- Arterial Spin Labeling (ASL)? - Tractography / DTI? - Referring Physician Issues? - 3T Manufacturer Forum? - Reimbursement Update
- Closing : the Future of 3T Imaging in Private Practice
For more information, a program brochure or to ask a question, contact:? Northwest Imaging Forums
PO Box 25909, Eugene, OR 97402
888.683.4930 toll free
Website : http://www.nwforums.com
About MR Instruments, Inc. (MRII):
MR Instruments designs and builds ICE™ (Inductively Coupled Elements) technology-based coils under the brand name Cheetah Coils. Cheetah Coils are a new breed of RF coils for the most demanding 3T MRI applications. MRII, under its license agreements, has exclusive rights to the technology of Cheetah Coils. These patent rights cover all existing and future applications of ICE™ principles as they relate to MRI, MRS and fMRI. For more information, please visit: http://www.cheetahcoils.com.
Charles Minter, CEO, (612) 251-4123,
Karen Hill, Corporate Communications, (612) 656-2600