It was a tough decision to invest in an Internet job board where even our competitors could post jobs for free, but we now oversee much of the on-line physician traffic for our industry.
Alpharetta, GA (PRWEB) April 5, 2006
What happens when a niche physician recruiting firm positions itself on the Web as a free meeting place for all kinds of physicians and physician jobs? A pretty amazing business success story, if you ask the owners of LocumTenens.com, which today introduced its new physician job board and corporate Web site (http://www.locumtenens.com/launchpr).
Web Strategy Ignites Growth
Georgia-based LocumTenens.com has grown revenue 600% over the past five years (2000 to 2005). One of the physician recruiting firm's founding partners, Senior Vice President Pamela McKemie says the then-five-year-old physician recruiting firm "really took off" following two counter-intuitive business decisions in 1999:
- Link the company's name to the industry's
- Set up an on-line physician job board where clients and competitors could list open positions free of charge
When Jackson & Coker founder and LocumTenens.com CEO Richard L. (“Rick”) Jackson suggested that "locumtenens.com" would be a great URL and agency name, “it was an epiphany,” McKemie says. “It was a tough decision to invest in an Internet job board where even our competitors could post jobs for free, but we now oversee much of the on-line physician traffic for our industry.”
The decision also has helped the agency's full-service, niche recruiting firm build a database of more than 46,000 physicians and roughly 9,000 certified registered nurse anesthetists (CRNAs). The database represents 23% market penetration in the agency’s core specialties.
Physician Recruiting Firm Offers Clients a Choice
LocumTenens.com offers healthcare providers and facilities the freedom to choose: “Use our full-service recruiting agency or do it yourself through our free online physician job board.”
Therein lies perhaps the greatest opportunity in the agency’s marketing strategy: LocumTenens.com is both an all-specialty physician job board and a traditional, full-service physician recruiting firm focusing only on four high-demand specialties (anesthesiology, radiology, psychiatry, surgery).
New Site Segments Users
At http://www.locumtenens.com, the job board is front-and-center, with color-coded log-in spaces for
- Physicians or CRNAs to search for jobs
- Healthcare facility managers to post jobs or search for candidates
- Third-party agency representatives to post jobs
From there the site’s content addresses each user audience uniquely. For example:
- A physician or CRNA can upload curriculum vitae (CV) after registering on the site. The latest privacy and security technology lets the user decide if or when to reveal his identity.
- Anesthesiologists, CRNAs, psychiatrists, radiologists and surgeons can access dedicated career centers offering specialty-focused content.
- Healthcare executives and managers can customize job postings, even selecting photos from an on-line gallery to highlight the geographic setting for a given physician job.
- Healthcare facility recruiters can purchase LocumTenens.com’s “Recruit Rx.” Using this mass E-mailing tool users can access much of the agency’s database of more than 46,000 providers and build mailing lists of up to 5,000 contacts per month for a modest monthly or quarterly fee.