Rochester, NY (PRWEB) April 5, 2006
Rideroom (http://www.rideroom.com), an automotive social networking website geared towards anyone with an interest in automobiles or motorcycles has launched following it’s recent beta test period. Rideroom allows anyone to showcase their vehicles, participate in discussions and meet new friends who share similar automotive interests.
Rideroom brings a variety of new functionality and innovation to the automotive community providing members an array of exciting ways to interact and share their automotive passion on the web.
Features of Rideroom include:
- Member Riderooms: The Web 2.0 enabled Member Riderooms can include currently and previously owned cars or motorcycles, information on exterior, interior and performance modifications, a list of favorite websites as well as general demographic information. Riderooms are searchable based on vehicle type, make, model, year, location and zip code. Members will also be able to provide their AOL, Yahoo!, ICQ and MSN screen to further facilitate friendships.
- Photos: Members can upload photos into their garages and created additional “bays” as needed for each additional vehicle they would like to showcase. Each photo can also be captioned and is searchable based on associated keywords.
- Buddies: The key feature of any social networking site, this will allow members to create and manage their own list of automotive buddies.
- Groups: Rideroom Members can create groups to share mutual interests such as car clubs, vehicle makes/models or locations. Each group has its own web page with information about the group as well as a listing of its members.
- Searchable News: Rideroom News provides daily coverage of the latest automotive news. Members can discuss each news story in its associated comments, use the Boolean search to find specific stories or browse through the news archives.
- Forums: The Rideroom Forums are an additional area for members to interact, share experiences and discuss topics ranging from purchasing decisions to automotive maintenance to the latest automotive news.
For more information or to show everyone what you have in your Rideroom, visit http://www.rideroom.com.