Sterling, Virginia (PRWEB) April 6, 2006
Anyone can lose weight easily, according to National Association for Weight Loss Surgery director Katie Jay. Jay is herself a weight loss surgery success story, having slimmed down from over 300 pounds to a size 8. Now, through the National Association for Weight Loss Surgery (http://www.nawls.com) she's sharing her secrets with others.
Here's how to lose weight easily--and keep it off for good.
1. Drink enough water: one ounce per pound of half your body weight. For example, Katie weighs 142 pounds now, so she drinks at least 70 ounces of water each day.
2. Eat green foods. Drink wheat grass juice. Eat green veggies. These are nature's powerhouse foods and will help with sugar cravings and cellular repair.
3. Move your body. Even if you do just 15 minutes of walking each morning. Do something that energizes your body and sets the tone for the day.
4. Settle your spirit. Take 15 minutes to 30 minutes each day to relax your mind. Meditate, read something inspirational, listen to music (instrumental, not singing), practice yoga, journal.
5. Do two things you don't want to do every day, at least one of which is directly related to having a healthy body.
6. Plan your food for the day, including eating something healthy every three hours. Even if you are not perfect about following through, a plan will improve your behavior.
7. Limit your sugar and refined carbohydrates.
8. Keep trigger foods out of sight, and better yet, out of your home and office.
9. Eat the highest quality, most nutrient dense food you can afford. Redefine "treat."
10. Start over as often as necessary.
By following these ten tips, says Jay, anyone can lose weight--and most importantly, anyone can keep it off.
For more weight loss tips from the National Association for Weight Loss Surgery, see http://www.nawls.com.