Delivering Value via Decision Support to the Army CIO/G6/NETCOM
AUSTIN, Texas (PRWEB) April 5, 2006
At Troux Directions 2006, Troux Technologies’ annual user conference for business executives and EA practitioners, the major theme of the opening sessions will focus on how the U.S. Department of Defense uses actionable enterprise architectures that support the American warfighter and form the basis for IT governance. Four presentations and a training workshop covering topics that range from the strategic vision of senior DoD officials to the innermost workings of DoD architectures at the development and implementation levels will analyze EA initiatives within the DoD. Troux Directions takes place on April 5-7 at the Reagan Building in Washington, D.C.
“Business and IT decision makers in the DoD attending Troux Directions will learn how to more effectively use EA technology as a collaborative tool for rapidly advancing business-centric IT initiatives and minimizing costs to meet mission needs,” said Pat Motola, president of Troux Technologies. “In doing so, they will be taking a critical step forward towards enabling the DoD to modernize from stovepipe organizations to highly networked, collaborative structures -- a move that corresponds with the emergence of plug-and-play warfighting units.”
These presentations and workshops will be conducted on April 5 and 6:
- Thursday, April 6, at 8:15 a.m. Paul Brinkley, Deputy Under Secretary of Defense for Business Transformation, will deliver the opening keynote address. In discussing the “DoD’s Business Transformation Overview,” Brinkley will focus on two of the DoD's chief transformation enablers and their linkage -- the Enterprise Transition Plan (ETP), a management tool for business modernization, and the BEA, which is the Business Enterprise Architecture for the DoD information infrastructure.
- Thursday, April 6, at 11:00 a.m. “The Role of Enterprise Architecture in DoD Transformation and Modernization” will be explored by John Gilligan, Vice President and Deputy Director, Defense Sector, at SRA International. In Gilligan’s view, the DoD’s transformation involves implementing enterprise-wide changes to ensure that organizational structures, processes and procedures support its strategic direction. Gilligan will provide insights into how Enterprise Architecture must be leveraged to retain military dominance and to ensure that warfighters have the resources they need to counter modern threats.
- Thursday, April 6, at 2:15 p.m. “Delivering Value via Decision Support to the Army CIO/G6/NETCOM” will reflect the experiences of Curtis Lupton, Product and Solution Resource Manager, SRA International, Inc. He will discuss the Army’s creation of distributed processing centers throughout the U.S., which will employ the ability to quickly stand up multiple servers that communicate data through a variety of protocols to achieve superior interoperability. Lupton will examine the steps to create decision-quality information.
- Thursday, April 6, at 5:00 p.m. “How Information Superiority Arms Today’s Warfighter” is the presentation by Preston Rodgers, product manager at Troux Technologies. Rodgers will lead a discussion of how DoD organizations derive business value from the DoDAF framework by reorienting priorities to deliver information superiority and support the warfighter..
- Wednesday, April 6, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. In a Pre-Conference Training Workshop, Troux product manager Preston Rodgers will provide a “DoDAF Template Overview” to DoD architects and decision makers. The session will focus on Troux’s new Metis Desktop 5.1 for DoDAF Template 1.1. Attendees will learn how to streamline architecture initiatives by automating the creation of DoDAF products, and to drive real value from the architecture using robust analytics and advanced visualizations.
About Troux Technologies
Troux Technologies (pronounced "true") is a global provider of Enterprise Architecture and IT Governance software that accelerates IT and organizational transformation by delivering actionable EA. Troux's solutions enable organizations to strategically plan the enterprise, capture and analyze critical IT and business data and deliver actionable information to transform the business. Troux's breakthrough technology provides the enterprise-class information, policies, and analytics critical for IT excellence. With Troux, organizations succeed in breaking the traditional IT silos and effectively aligning IT with core business goals.
For Government Inquiries:
Schwartz Communications, Inc.
+44 (0) 1628 628080
# # #